THX Demo Disc?

Wild Blue

Wild Blue-

There is such a disk, but it was only sent to A/V stores for demos. About 8-10 months ago, there were a bunch that showed up on eBay. I haven't looked there in a while, but there may be some there now or in near future. Be prepared to pay for it though; last year, they were going for $60-120! I can't see paying that much for it, even though it is a cool disk. Good luck, maybe price pressure has come down.

jhawk

Hey, thanks... I looked on E-bay. There's a guy selling a DVD called "THX EX Demo 6.1/7.1", with a few movie clips on it and supposedly the Tex Robot THX trailer. It doesn't look like it has all the trailers on it. I bought one (he's selling about 7) for $16.50, so we'll see how it is.

There's also ONE DVD for sale there, that I think is the real thing, just labeled "THX demo". It looks like it has 6-7 different trailers on it, including both Tex trailers, the Simpsons, "Grand", etc. The guy wants... are you ready?...

$150. cwm19.gif

Yes, $150. And that's not even his reserve. I REALLY want this disc, but $150???? Anyone on this list have one they can sell me?

As far as I know, you got the correct disk, and the same ones I had seen for over $100 a while ago. If he has any extra, I'd buy one for about $20, but not the inflated high prices. That disk is also "the real thing" as it comes directly from THX to dealers, and not available to the public. Yes, it does have the robot trailer, and the disk is pretty cool.

You mention another THX Demo disk. I seem to remember a while back on eBay that someone had two disks that had bunches of trailers on them, all different, and he was asking upwards of $150 each, but those were different than the one you mention on eBay right now. Yes, $150 is a bunch, and that isn't even his reserve price!

Enjoy

Okay, the auction ended without his reserve met, and I've been talking to this guy privately about the sale. His reserve was set at:.......

$550. cwm44.gif

Yes, $550, for one DVD. I can't believe anyone would even think this would be a value. Yes, rare, but not worth a few THX trailers. If I didn't want it so much, I wouldn't be so frustrated.

He tells me that he has a friend at Lucas Arts that can sell me a numbered copy for $300, but it could not be resold. To me, even that is about 4-5 times the max I'd be willing to pay.

$550???? That is way out there, rare or not. Obviously he isn't in much of a mood to sell. Oh well, it would be nice to have, but I can get a bunch of other things for even the $300 disk. That is getting better into the price range, but still outta sight.

Keep an eye out for it on ebay. There's about 10 of em on there right now. Search THX DEMO DVD .

Heres one that just went for $35! It's the blue one that others are trying to get over $100 for.

UPDATE: My bad ...its a copy of the original that the seller says is identical to the original.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1479926303

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-02-2001 at 08:56 PM

Yeah, I just bought that one, probably from the same guy. It's okay, but obviously NOT the rare Lucas THX disc I'm looking for. This blue one has a few movie trailers like Austin Powers and only two THX trailers, plus a sound demo or two like "Jungle Sounds". I'm looking for the DVD with ALL the THX trailers on it. (grrrr...)

beleive it or not but i found that DVD at both Wal-Mart and Lowes Home Improvement. It was $49.95.

WAY off topic but... Wal-Mart is going to obsorb Lowes in a year or longer... it will be gradual but you might want to buy some Wal-Mart stock for the long haul.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

Ok, just got back from Lowes. The DVD tests DTS, DD, ProLogic, AC-3, picture quality, full bandwidth sweeps (10-30,000Hz (i think)), cleans your DVD lens, has 4 movies on it (like mini movies i think) and does some other enhancement and tests that i could not find off the cover. Oh yeah, the best part... it costs only --- drum roll please --- $13.97!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

• 8 months later...