Cornwall location?

Cornman

Next week I hope to be happy new owner Of a pair of 1980 Cornwall's. Assuming I am happy with listening test; which for me is a lg. leap in faith considering that I have not heard any Klipsch speakers since 1964; and I havnt been the same since the night I first heard those Khorn's! [:)] So I am hoping they will have the sound I want my upgrade too reach.

So heres my ? In the attached photos you will see on each side of t.v. a pair of Fisher's and a pair of Eosone 600's, that I hope to replace with one pair of the "mighty cornwall's). If I were to place the cw. in the cabinets that now hold the fisher's would this produce distortion & other negative's? By removing the bottom shelve 's the cornwalls would be 4" off the floor without the stock cw foot (riser). The cabinets are 7' 6" tall x 3' wide 16" deep. The Fishers performed well In the cabinets, but of course they're just Fishers. My other alternative location for the CW's would be on the floor where the Eosone's now sit. That would only be 7' apart, where as the cabinets are 10' apart. My listening room area Is aprox. 18' x 30'.

So what say ye' Klipsch gurus?

Thanks,

Cornman

PDRM0040.jpg

PDRM0039.jpg

PDRM0038.jpg

I should have also noted this is for 2 channel use only. The Fisher's & the Eosone's will disappear after the Cornwall's arrive & I have a chance to run some a-b test's.

So for those of you who have already been down this road, please help save a old timer's back from having to move these bemouth's any more times than is necessary.

Happy new year to all,

Cornman

Cornwall's are made to be put in a corner or against a wall for the best bass. But thats not where I have mine. Mine are away from the walls slightly toe in. As to moving them try rocking as you move them that way you don't lift them. What state are you in? But if you find you don't like them someone on the forum my want them.

Don't ever put a floor standing speaker in a box, it messes things up. I would agree with move the bookshelves and place the cornwalls in the corners. Toe them in and you will have the sound you remember from so long ago. Yes they are big but you won't get that great heritage sound from a pair of little cubes. To borrow a saying from the automotive world which fits here very well,

"There is no replacement for displacement!"

The corner is okay, but you also need to move them out a little bit from the side and back edges. How much depends on what you like. Start with six inches at a time and when the bass disappears too much and the soundstage is too bright move them back two inches. When you get this part done, you can move them one inch at a time until you find the right spot. Do not put them in the bookcase! They need to be on the floor to produce the proper bass, either with the stands that they came with on spikes. IMHO. Enjoy.