really big computer display?

tkot

anyone else have the computer hooked up to their front projection set up?

we have computers everywhere and as of late i find myself sitting in the ht room...hanging out here or a few other forums that i belong to.....

my wife happened to mention the bulb life thing,

so i put it ti the calc and figured that at .083 cents per min it was worth having a 110 inch monitor!!

anyone else??

jay

I have a computer connected to a Samsung 61" DLP RPTV. It is stunning. I upgraded the video card to a Radeon 9800 Pro and am using the DVI input of the Sammy. Scale and res are perfect. Text is sharp and easy to read, even small print. Nothing is fuzzy. The first time people see it they say DAMN...as did I. I do not use it as my main computer, but it's really nice to be able to switch right over, pick up the wireless mouse and keyboard and take off. It's also pretty cool with games as well. I'm sure the huge screen you have will be very cool. I'm no expert by any means, but I do think a strong video card will give you a better picture, and I saw a measureable difference between using the DVI input vs the VGA input. Have fun.

Yes I have a computer hooked up to my 800x600 projector shooting on a 119" dia 4X3 screen. It is a hoot! I love it. Not so much doing word processing etc but gaming, web surfing, playing DVD's etc. I am working on the whole HTPC setup with my eye on a new HD widescreen projector sometime this year.

Do it...do it now!

Laters,

Jeff

I run a MythTV frontend with my projector. Its like tivo but with a 1.4 terrabyte raid 5 array behind it instead of dvr. My entire movie collection is on demand stored on the server along with all the FLAC so there is never any disc swapping. TV movies music are all at the touch of a button. It is amazing.