Klipsch Recommendations?

tubenube

TubeNube,

Wecome to the Klipsch Forum! I have the Cornwalls and they work very well in my rather large 20' x 30' vaulted ceiling room. For my room and set up I prefer the Cornwalls. For your set up, with the low power tube amp, the long shape of your room, and a sub already in place, I would strongly recommend the La Scalas. The 104dB 1m/1W sensitivity along with a long throw 400Hz exponential mid horn will fit your amp and room nicely. FYI: Belles use 500Hz mid horns, La Scalas and K-Horns use 400Hz mid horns, Cornwalls and Heresys use 600hz and 700Hz mid horns, respectively. I've had extensive experience with the La Scalas and I think you would be pleased. Of course, I'm sure you would be happy with the Cornwalls too - everybody loves their Cornwalls.

Andy

"No, I haven't heard any of the new 'reference' speakers. I considered them but I can't help but think Klipsch faces the same market pressures as other (speaker) manufacturers, e.g. I might be wrong but if they are anything like JBL I'd rather recone my L-100's than replace them with their new models."

The L100's were JBL's best selling speaker,ever,if I remember correctly.My best friend WAS a JBL fanatic,and loved his L100's.I wish I could count the number of times he has said that his current Klipsch speakers are "the best sounding speakers" he has ever heard.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

You really should try the Reference series speakers, especially the RF7. RF5 is nice too. In order to get highs as clean on my ForteIIs I had to replace crossover caps & iron core inductor. Now the ForteIIs are real nice, but still may not be quite as clean at the very top end.

I listen, mostly, to classical.

Amp: 2 Heath W5Ms, rebuilt .. new caps -or-

Custom 6W/ch based on Tripath TA110B

• 4 weeks later...

Go with La Scala's! Reference series speakers aren't even close.

------------------

Home Theater:

Technics SA-1040DX

Klipsch SF1 Fronts

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch SF1 Rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Sharp 32" TV

Audio:

Vintage Technics SA 404 Receiver

Klipsch 1976 La Scala's

Klipsch KG 3.5's

KSW 12 Sub

• 3 weeks later...

It's the Austin 78704 Southside Klipsch Posse-Represent...WORD.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Heritage series all the way! Glad someone (mpgwagon) had the nerve to compare them with the reference series. IMHO the legend series (esp the 20 and 30) were the last "modern" Klipsch speakers that really cut the mustard. Once you decide on which model will fit your budget/room, you and your tube amp will be very, very happy.