subwoofer for belles, and khorns

tjnif

Dual KW120THX($4000-$4500) subs with the matching amp. Or dual Klipsch RSW15's($1500 per sub)

Also a SVS PB2-Ultra($2200) subs would be a great option,the Revel B15($3000).

The velodyne 1812 is an overpriced piece,unless the highest bid stays under $6000,I am sorry this sub is not worth the retail price.As a Velodyne DD18 does most what the 1812 can do for a LOT less,the second 12" woofer and amp are fighting for a lost cause if you have K-Horns as mains,as you can cut your mains at 50hz and let teh sub do its subwoofer duty below 50hz.

Yikes!! Thats too much $$$$ for me what is the best bang for the buck , I like the bass response to be tight and defined,Please post your suggestions....

I think you have answered your own question.

The bass response on K-Horn is fantastic. IMHO adding a sub will only mess things up.

If you are having problems with the bass reproduction from the K-Horn, then the most probable culprits (and solutions) involve speaker setup/location and room effects. Perhaps that should be your plan of attack.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Well in all honesty I don't have my Khorns yet,they will be arriving TOMORROW! The thing is ,is that I like my belle's (luv the way they look) but it is lacking in bass,would they be good for "the rear speakers" in my soon to be home theater, or perhaps just use 1 for the front and sell the other? (they are not consecutive serial #) Hope its ok to post this question here,should I perhaps ask this in the theater group........?

The 1812 uses the DD18 18" woofer,similar amd and only a more complex EQ/correction system.It does not matter I have not heard it,I have a HGS18(a DD18 with no auto EQ/correction feature).

The 1812 will not bring much over a DD18 in output .The 12" woofer may help above 50Hz,where the large K-Horns do not need any help.So the 1812 would be a grand waste of money.And pointing this sub only an option t very wealthy audiophiles awith LARGE budgets.And even then I rather get dual DD18's than this $15000 unit.

I bet a DD18 represents at least 90% of the bass quality and quantity of a 1812.To make a better overall,all things considered,you spent BIG $$$$ or very little gain.

Well in all honesty I don't have my Khorns yet,they will be arriving TOMORROW! The thing is ,is that I like my belle's (luv the way they look) but it is lacking in bass,would they be good for "the rear speakers" in my soon to be home theater, or perhaps just use 1 for the front and sell the other? (they are not consecutive serial #) Hope its ok to post this question here,should I perhaps ask this in the theater group........?

If you are going the HT route keep both Belles and then look for a single one for your center . If this is for a 2 channel setup with the single Belle to fill the gap sell the other one . Personaly I'd keep both , but thats just me ...

Dual KW120THX($4000-$4500) subs with the matching

amp. Or dual Klipsch RSW15's($1500 per sub) ... Also a SVS

PB2-Ultra($2200) subs would be a great option

I would have also thrown in a Danley Sound Labs DTS-20 at 3000$

Yikes!! Thats too much $$$$ for me what is

the best bang for the buck , I like the bass response to be tight and

defined,Please post your suggestions....

What's the budget then? How about a PB12-Plus/2 for 1200$

? To keep up with Khorns, I don't think you can do alot cheaper

than that without building one yourself (the path I've actually followed)

ROb

• 2 weeks later...