How good is the KSW-12 subwoofer?

gbrlex

• 1 month later...

I am glad you mention in your initial question that you have CF-1's. What can you expect in performance? That depends now on what kind of power you are talking.....Blindly comparing, your CF-1's can do quite well already, so I feel you are going to need a little more intensity and dynamic than what the KLF-12 can deliver. Don't get me wrong, but the KLF-12 is not a powerhouse. You may consider the RSW-10 or 12; however, the price tag goes up quite a bit. Bottom line? How much are you willing to spend? What kind of power do you have to your CF-1's? Size of the room? Sound quality desired?

Spudman21

We are looking at the KSW-12 sub to go with some Epic CF-1 speakers in a HT setup. Any thoughts on what we can expect in performance?

Not all that much (relatively) if you've got cf-1's for mains. The ksw will add some boom but not much to the low end.

Check out the sub-12 if you're keeping a tight budget.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=930&s=specs

Your question should have been "How bad is the KSW-12 subwoofer" I bought a brand spanking new KSW-15 from a Brick and Mortar Authorized Dealer. It listed at $750 and I got it for $500 and it was the biggest piece of junk that I have ever owned. Save your money and look elsewhere.

The RW-12 or SUB-12 or the as mentioned are better options. The RSW-12 will be a step above those and there will be a couple new subs coming out soon from Klipsch that will best them all supposedly.