FS: Philips DVD 963SA DVD/SACD Player

whell

Thanks for the info last two questions, for now, are where can I buy Blackgate 150 uF; 350 vdc, "VK" 30mm x 25 mm, PC Mount Type and a 5k ohm, 1/4 watt or 1/5 watt resistir. Radio Shack?

Will I need a soldering iron? It is not a problem I have one. Good idea about the digital camera!

I think this will make a intersting comparison the 963 vs Denon 2900 for SACD playback and the 963 vs NAD C542(running thru a Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer) for cd playback.

One thing I've noticed is some cds sound better on the NAD C542 and other sound better on the 2900. The 2900 seems to make bad or bright, harsh cds sound bearable but cds very well recorded sound really great on the C542 better than the 2900.

I like the MF X10v3 tube buffer with my C542 it is not a huge difference but it smooths things out just a little and does not lose any detail. Wonder how the 963 will sound with it.

Well did a search on Parts Express for Blackgate 150 uF and they do not have it or show Blackgate under brand names.

Is Blackgate the name of the company that make it? Is Blackgate 150 uF the correct way to word the search or does it go by something else.

It may not be made anymore and if that is the case is there anything else that can do as good a job?