Which banana plug type is best?

STL

Okay STL, you have taken me to task, enlightened me, and made me sensitive to the situation. Smile. It occurs to me, in retrospect, that my comments may have been taken as a personal attack, or an attack on your understanding of electricity. Sorry.

My statement was more one of frustration at how manufacturers sell their products with a good appearance rather than physical and electrical qualities. They imply that good looks equate to those.

On the other hand I can see how even top quality stuff needs some window dressing.

I did miss the part about what I take is the application.

You need male and female? This is so the connection from the back of the amp can be brought out to a more convenient location and then you can do some plugging and perhaps connect different speakers to different outputs. Locking connectors would be helpful so that there are no inadvertent disconnects.

The price sounds very reasonable. That is not always the case.

Best,

Gil

Duke,

GLS makes some locking ones. Check eBay for them, they cost more but are probably much less than other brands. I have had good luck with GLS RCA's. I think the seller is Orange County Speaker.

Colter,

I bought some nice dual banana's on eBay that have screw tops. They work great unless you have wider than normal spacing on the plugs. How bad are the GLS ones that you bought? Drop me an email and tell me what you want for them.

Chris

If you want to play around with "isolating" your speaker cable from the carpet just go to the hardware store and get a few architectural glass bricks ;). After reading something about it, we had some of those lying around so me and my dad threw 'em under the cables...we're not sure if it made any difference but it kinda looks cool?...lol...then again it cost us $0.

I also am not sure if the physical connector makes a difference...I use bananna's out of convienence. I'd be extremely hard pressed to say that there were bananna's on a pair of cables as compared to say...spades or bare wire on the lug. On that I'm not sure anyone has mentioned spade terminators. They are a little more convienient than bare wire (since it likes to fray and finding the little hole in the binding post behind your rack might be annoying) but can be tightened down for a secure connection. The only problem is they need to be wide enough for your binding post.