Delta Blues Legends Still Playing

Seadog

Seadog,

You are a lucky dog. I wish I lived in Dallas, I'd be all over this.

I think you are going to like this better than the Stones. The Stones to me have become an event and not a concert. I have seen them I think about 10 times over the years. Even saw them in the Cotton Bowl years ago.

I look forward to your review.

Danny

I really did luck onto this one. I read an article about the event in today's local newspaper. I was surprised that tickets were still available.

This will be about the music, and experiencing living history. The venue, in downtown Grapevine, Texas, seats around 500.

I had great fun at the Stones "concert", but that is a different type of show entirely.

The Stones at the Cotton Bowl in 1982? I think. I was there for the Sunday show. It was definitely an event, and I still have memories of it.

I might have a chance to go to this, Seadog, if you see me there, I will be the guy without a gun.

Then I'll be on the lookout for a gunless oldtimer [:)]. Let me know if you need me to bring an extra gun [;)]

This turned out to be an extraordinary event. Even in their 90s, these gentlemen can still get down and play and sing the blues!

Left to right, David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Joe Willie "Pinetop" Perkins, Robert Lockwood Jr., and Henry "The Mule" Townsend.

post-14182-13819281591328_thumb.jpg