Someone give me a rundown of the Heritage Line

Chris Elm

Hi folks,

Been a member for a while I guess but don't really know squat about the heritage speakers.

First a little background...I am 20 years old and am starting to put together a little B system for my bedroom. My dad has some old Forte II's that were the mains in his first home theater circa 1992. Growing up, they were always just big black boxes, but over the years I've grown to love that Klipsch horn sound. I never realized just how special these speakers were. In high school, I started getting more and more involved in the hobby and critical listening and after firing up his speakers, I knew that's what I wanted. After working throughout high school to fund a reference series 5.0 setup and adding a SVS sub later I was in audio nirvana. Now, I am looking at some vintage speakers around $300/pair and wondering if you guys could provide a little background.

First of all , which speakers are in my budget?

I'm looking at some used Heresy's, some used Cornwall's, and maybe even some Forte's right now, but would be open to anything. What are the difference between all of these speakers, especially the ones that have I version and the II version. Heresy's seem like the cheapest ones to come by. Is this correct?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

$300? Hmmm.

Maybe you could pick up some Heresies of Fortes. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find Fortes at that price.

My thoughts would be to hold out until you have about $600 and find a pair of Cornwalls. Many on this forum have agreed that Cornwalls are the best bang for the buck. The Chorus is comparable to the Cornwall, but I have heard both, and I think the Cornwalls are still a better sounding rock and roll speaker.

I think the Fortes are supposed to be close to the Chorus.