Is this Ebayer making a profit?

klipschaholik

That's the same guy that bought a pair of Decorator Heresy's ($400+

w/shipping) I was looking at in VA Beach last year. One had a ripped-up

woofer, and they needed refinishing (but no physical cabinet damage).

I thought the same thing - how can he possibly make a profit on those?

I posted one of his auctions a while back, where someone paid $850 for

gloss black (looked like a brush paint job with streaks on the

motorboards) Heresy's with caine grills. A week later, they were right

back up for sale - but no bad feedback was exchanged.

Makes one wonder, it does.

During a telephone conversation the seller of the KP-250, I learned that the one K-42K woofer had been replaced with an EV SRO/12L guitar amp driver and given that one of the K-53K midrange drivers is bad, my limit was met on this pair at $100.00.

I have been noticing eBay auctions for pairs of Heresy's listed by emichaels0_0 since May 2005 and wondered how he always seems to attract bids that are so much higher than most other sellers.

On January 6, I noticed that his bidder for one pair had just registered the day the auction was listed, within 4 hours of being listed placed an unusually high bid on this auction at 3:12 AM CST and at that point "kevind5112" had bid on no other auctions (not even for some widget) which looked suspicious to me at the time.

So I looked at the other live auction and notice an interesting pattern of low feedback bidders including one user name sharz0_0 and wonder what the chances are of that someone else choosing a user name with 0_0 in it....

While I am not accusing him of shill bidding and I do not have time to analyze the bidding patterns on his other listings, I did wonder if others here may have noticed the same thing.

If everything is on the up and up, it would appear that he wants to control the Heresy market.

Look at the bid history on this auction that the seller ended early and watch for emichaels0_0 to offer this pair of 1981 Heresy's for sale soon. [;)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5860422418

So, are you saying that the seller cancelled the auction early and sold them to emichaels0_0 under the table for $400, or what?
While I am just making observations and not accusing anyone of anything, that would be my guess, but time will tell and unless he parts them out, it would not surprise me to see emichaels0_0 offer 1981 Heresy serial numbers 114w541 and 114w542 for sale in the near future.

Look at the bid history on this auction that the seller ended early and watch for emichaels0_0 to offer this pair of 1981 Heresy's for sale soon. [;)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5860422418

So, are you saying that the seller cancelled the auction early and sold them to emichaels0_0 under the table for $400, or what?
While I am just making observations and not accusing anyone of anything, that would be my guess, but time will tell and unless he parts them out, it would not surprise me to see emichaels0_0 offer 1981 Heresy serial numbers 114w541 and 114w542 for sale in the near future.

And there they are http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5867852379 (even in his low quality pictures you can see that the woodgrain pattern is identical).

Interestingly enough he makes no mention of the replaced woofer driver or serial numbers.

There is a guy on E-spay right now with no less than three pairs of heresy's. What kind of crap is that? I can't find one decent here in the northeast and this guy has atleast 3 different pairs. I really don't like E-spay, lot of phonies, and always a scammer or two. Hey corvette6769, sell me a pair of yours, it looks like you have a few!

I've noticed this too.

emichaels0_0 out of Tampa Florida always seems to have a couple of pairs of Heresys up for auction - usually with a reserve somewhere north of $500. If they don't sell, he just keeps relisting them until gets his (or her) price.

I'd been wondering where he was finding all these Heresys - I know they're not rare, but they're not exactly thick on the ground either.

James

You nailed it, Corvette! He just sold a pair for $635 and now he's listed three more pair. I still don't understand the rational for the effort to bid, purchase, ship, photograph, repack, auction list, sell, and ship for the profit he (or she) could be making. Ok, OK, will the "real" emichaels0_0 please stand up?

You nailed it, Corvette! He just sold a pair for $635 and now he's listed three more pair. I still don't understand the rational for the effort to bid, purchase, ship, photograph, repack, auction list, sell, and ship for the profit he (or she) could be making. Ok, OK, will the "real" emichaels0_0 please stand up?

$200.00-$300 profit (50% return) may be worth it for some people on a fixed income with lots of time on hand and nothing better to spend it on.

I, on the other hand am not under the impression that I will live for ever (which is my explanation for my aggressive search and purchasing of 17 pair of Klipsch over the last 8 moths or so)