Good sounding combination..

heresy

Hi, I ''m from The Netherlands and I like to know if there is somebody out there on the forum

wo can tell me which integrated tubeamp (which I can buy here in Europe) sounds good with my

1979 La Scalas and my 1983 Heresys ?

Who s got any experience with Stoetkit or maybe Cayin , Lua , Synthesis,Jadis or Jolida ?

Hope to hear from you guys..

Heard the Cayin TA30 on classic Klipsch corner Khorns and RF7s at peacherman Daddydees <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Arkansas gathering in May 2004, along with other refurbished vintage integrated tube amplifiers, I can say it is certainly an excellent amplifier for the money. Have not heard such good things about Jolida by experienced horn and tube lovers. See NOSvalves' site for reconditioned refurbished vintage integrated tube amplifiers by a horn lover. [H]

I don't have much first hand experience with Heritage speakers...however in the engineering listening rooms they have a Cayin Integrated with KT-88's (A Ti-88 I think) paired with a Cayin SACD player that they used to demo the new heritage speakers here in Indy. I was told this is what they used at this year's CES (Consumer Electronics Show) for the Heritage display. I heard LaScala-II's with this equipment upstream. They souned excellent. Probably worth a demo if you can borrow some dealer's loner unit?

I had a bone stock Jolida 502-B (integrated) mated to my Khorns.

Speaking for MY unit only, I found more noise in the volume control

than I liked. I'm sure there are upgrades you can do to the unit

but I changed my mind to get away from an integrated so I sold it.

Other than the noise in the volume knob (only when turning and not very

loud at all) I found the Jolida sounded fine with my speakers. I

swapped out the KT-88's and put in some KT-90's on a recommendation

here on the forum. I preferred the KT-90's over the 88's as the

90's seemed to have a bit more punch to them.

TUBES LOVE HORNS!!!!

TUBES LOVE HORNS - not the other way around!!

Horns don't care what drives them! Think about this:

Tubes respond with better response to a less reactive load (less variance) that horns typically present to the amplifier compared to other speaker types because tubes are quite sensitive to changes in load impedance where solid state amps are not (as much).

However, the horns themselves don't respond any differently to whether the amplifier driving them is from SOLID STATE or TUBE, or whether the amp uses negative feedback or not, or whether the amp uses class-A or class AB, C or D topology! HORNS DON'T CARE!

Yeah, I know, it doesn't really matter; we knew what you meant.

But if we are going to expound a "mantra", let's be correct about it![;)]

DM