anyone like 6CA7 tubes?

jbsl

So far I have used these tubes in my Cayin TA 30 and to me the EH 6CA7s sound the smoothest and overall balanced of these tubes.

Svetlana EL 34s

Electro Harmonix EL 34s

Tung Sol 6550s

Elctro Harmonix 6CA7s

I would like to try some other brand of 6CA7s but I cannot afford the GE or other NOS 6CA7s. Does anyone who likes these tubes know of another brand than Electro Harmonix that I could try?

Also curious about KT 88s what is it they bring to the sound? When I tried the Tung Sol 6550s was not really impressed by the midrange it sounded subdued. The EL 34s sound kind of harsh and unrefined but of the two types of EL 34s I prefered the electro harmonix EL 34s, nice bass and a bit smoother but not enough for the sound I like.

So for now I will stay with the EH 6CA7s unless I can find a better 6CA7s or some KT 88s suprise me, thanks for any ideas.

I've been trying the Valve Art EL34 in my 8B. Valve Art has been making some good tubes. They aren't very expensive so it couldn't hurt to try them and see what you think. I don't spend much time critically listening for different tube nuances so I can't say much about them other than they sound fine to me. They replaced a quad of weak Mullards and before that Svetlana Winged C's.

I have only tried the two types of EL 34s so I might give some of the suggestions a go. I know the 6CA7 is supposed to be the same thing as the EL 34 but so far I think it sounds better than the 34s.

Is anyone interested in a quad of Tung Sol 6550s for $85? I used them in my Cayin for around 10 days and the sound was not what I was looking for so I don't see any reason to keep them.

Thanks for the ideas!

I have only tried the two types of EL 34s so I might give some of the suggestions a go. I know the 6CA7 is supposed to be the same thing as the EL 34 but so far I think it sounds better than the 34s.

Is anyone interested in a quad of Tung Sol 6550s for $85? I used them in my Cayin for around 10 days and the sound was not what I was looking for so I don't see any reason to keep them.

Thanks for the ideas!

Are these originals or the modern reproduction? I may want them.

Craig

I have only tried the two types of EL 34s so I might

give some of the suggestions a go. I know the 6CA7 is supposed to

be the same thing as the EL 34 but so far I think it sounds better than

the 34s.

Is anyone interested in a quad of Tung Sol

6550s for $85? I used them in my Cayin for around 10 days and the

sound was not what I was looking for so I don't see any reason to keep

them.

Thanks for the ideas!

You have email.

Larry