Super Bowl XL - A Bird's Eye View.......

Audible Nectar

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bird's eye view. These were the "cheap seats". Considering they are what would be advertised as the worst seats in the house, they are actually pretty good - good enough for the NFL films and network cameras to be mounted just to our left. The end zone "polaroids" (where players and coaches get B&W pics of all plays, pre and post-snap) were taken from one of these cameras.

post-7846-13819281637804_thumb.jpg

Audible: It's a shame I didn't know you were going to be in town. My place is about a 12 minute drive via I-75 from Downtown Detroit. I would have extended an invitation to you and the misses to stop by if you like. It looks like you had a great time. Nice photos. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hope you enjoyed the pics, even if you didn't enjoy the outcome.

Some observations:

Detroit did a SUPER job on this. Detroit was ripe for the pickins as far as the negative Super Bowl press, which can be very hard on a host city (just ask Jacksonville). This party was SO over the top as to squelch any potential complainers. I thought when this was announced by the NFL that this would be "Detroit's one chance" to host, but after this weekend, I'm not so sure....they may well get another one, although it will probably be a number of years until they do (KC and Indy will be next for cold weather Super Bowl cities, before the "D" gets another chance). Despite the cold climate, it was the best Super Bowl host city week out of the four I have attended.

As much as I loathe domed stadiums, Ford Field is first rate. From the sightlines to the stadium operations, it is superb - it's no wonder the NFL wanted to host a Super Bowl here. And it is a great sports town - the locals were out in force - and made a scene in downtown that the locals didn't want to see go away.

As for you, Picky, as well as other klipsch "locals", I'm not sure I would have had time[:D] We didn't even make the NFL Experience, we had so much on our collective plate. Between the Pepsi Smash/VH1 taping on Thursday, the Bud Bowl at Tiger Stadium with Snoop Dogg (and a last viewing of the old "corner" to boot) on Friday, Kid Rock on Saturday night, then a full gameday, I'm not sure when I could have seen you folks - unless you came downtown, of course!

Did any of you Michigan folks take in any of the festivities?

Those are some stellar photos AN, thanks very much for posting. Could anyone get in to see the sights you saw (the announce booth, etc) or did you have some special badge?

Could you give some details on the camera and settings used? Those images were very sharp and colorful. I take it they were probably digital and I'm currently shopping for (the HORROR) a digital camera. Got to compete in today's marketplace.

Thanks again.

Michael