Cornwall III's. . .The Anticipation Builds!

tidmack

It's not too often that I post for nearly no reason, but I have to say that I'm getting excited to hear Cornwalls again. Along with my Ultra subs order, I threw down on a pair of Walnut Cornwalls too. Anyone on the board get a pair yet? I'm curious how they compare to Cornwalls of old. I've owned late '70s Alnico magnet I's and mid '80s I's as well. At any rate, I'll be sure to chime in with my thoughts as soon as they arrive.

Jeff

Did you order your Corns directly from Klipsch or a local dealer. In my area (Northeast Pa.) the nearest heritage dealer is 2 hours away. When I called him to see if he'll be stocking the new heritage line he said he wasn't going to order any until he unloads some of his current inventory. He stated the heritage line hasn't sold well the last few years. I've been to his shop (purchased Heresy's) and his set up is excellent. He has Khorns in a home theater set up with 2 heresy's as a center..can't remember what was in the rear. KILLER!!. Anyway, I called a few other dealers and basically got the same story. So I'm not sure when I'll be able to audition and /or purchase new corns...has anyone else come up against this problem?

I was going to order a pair in Walnut Lacquer, my closest dealer (1 hour away) can get them but they were only willing to come down $500 off retail making the new Cornwalls $3K plus tax. Too much for me.

I just cannot bring myself to sell my '78 Belle Klipsch off to get the cash for the new Cornwalls without some idea as to their performance.

If I could find a place near me that would sell them in the $2500 range I might be more interested, but right now the Belle Klipsch win. I think I will just stick with an all horn-loaded HT at this point.

It's the biggest problem that the Heritage line faces, little dealer support or even knowledge of them. Maybe it would be better for Klipsch to take the Heritage line to their Ebay Store and sell them from there (to save the Heritage line), as it's not coming from dealers anymore since they mostly deal with the Reference/Senergy Lines. The only problem with taking it to even the Ebay way for Klipsch, I'm certain they won't be giving the buyer any options to price bargin as you would with a dealer! It's a whole new way to tap into to save the line if Klipsch is willing to be smart about it, because in general, most people don't even know the Heritage line exist.

I wish Klipsch would sell them directly via their eBay store, they would get more exposure than they are currently receiving from dealers for sure. I bet they would sell quite a number of them that way. They seem to be doing very well moving inventory via eBay.