KP 250's

dwillie

Problem is that I am still short what I need for my system and construction season is right around the corner (to spite the 7 degree temp here right now). What is worse is that until you mentioned your outdoor theater the other day, I never gave that a thought...could be that in addition to the 18 pair I have set out to procure for my system, that I need another 3 pair + sub + center for the back yard too.[:o]

Problem is that I am still short what I need for my system and construction season is right around the corner (to spite the 7 degree temp here right now). What is worse is that until you mentioned your outdoor theater the other day, I never gave that a thought...could be that in addition to the 18 pair I have set out to procure for my system, that I need another 3 pair + sub + center for the back yard too.[:o]

Isn't that what those HIP's are for? Just take em out of the garage and set em up in the back yard. What you gonna do, have the neighborhood kids over every weekend? I figure the outdoor theatre thing is a fun gimmick, good for maybe 2-3 times per summer. You've gotta have a non-windy night, so the screen doens't flap around!

18 pair! What, you out to set some kinda record or sumptin?

M

Corvette - what does 'construction season' have to do with anything? What do you mean?

I don't understand the need to contact & accumulate every klipsch heritage speaker currently available on the US market. Certainly when one already has so many.
I find it hard to believe that this is just for personal use.

Colter - I think he even has more than you!

When I was lurking, I got a bit excited when I'd see you add another set to the collection because I thought you'd then sell off a pair and you're semi-driveable from me. Same with Corvette. I figure since he personally contacts every single person selling a speaker and has 'Wanted' adds in probably every publication in every city... that once he got his fill - then I'd have a shot locally. I figured - 'let him do his thing, once he gets khorns, my local competition will go away'. Not gonna happen obviously.

I fully understand the thrill of the chase and the feeling one gets from a 'score', but once one accumulates so many and still goes to serious lengths - spending assumably a great deal of time finding, negotiating, arranging shipping, etc. etc. when someone already has a bazillion pairs - is it not in the 'obsession' category?

To each his own, but I just don't get it when it gets to such a level. Truely it's none of my business and we each make the decision as to how far we'll go in a quest to obtain gear.... but it's a puzzlement to me and I've had too much morning coffee so I felt like yapping about it.

Colter - I think he even has more than you!

When I was lurking, I got a bit excited when I'd see you add another set to the collection because I thought you'd then sell off a pair and you're semi-driveable from me. Same with Corvette. I figure since he personally contacts every single person selling a speaker and has 'Wanted' adds in probably every publication in every city... that once he got his fill - then I'd have a shot locally. I figured - 'let him do his thing, once he gets khorns, my local competition will go away'. Not gonna happen obviously.

I fully understand the thrill of the chase and the feeling one gets from a 'score', but once one accumulates so many and still goes to serious lengths - spending assumably a great deal of time finding, negotiating, arranging shipping, etc. etc. when someone already has a bazillion pairs - is it not in the 'obsession' category?

To each his own, but I just don't get it when it gets to such a level. Truely it's none of my business and we each make the decision as to how far we'll go in a quest to obtain gear.... but it's a puzzlement to me and I've had too much morning coffee so I felt like yapping about it.

I couldn't agree more. Either too much money and nowhere to spend it, or obsessive - but to each his own. From an outsiders perspective it just looks like hoarding. I cannot think of a reasonalbe audio application for that many speakers.....and my coffee is just kicking in.....

Nope, I'm at 22 pairs, he's got a LONG way to go!

Yes, it's totally OC behavior. I gave up one addiction that was killing me for this one. So unless I get trapped under a stack of Cornwalls, I'll probably fare better here. It's cheaper too!

I've got probably 60 speakers in the house, including all the old PA stuff (EV, JBL, BagEnd, Renkus Heinz)

Yes, the digital camera is going to come out this spring when I clean out the garage and there will be plenty for sale. Some, like a lot of the Cornwalls and Heresies, I plan on reveneering this spring/summer, my 'old man' hobby. I get a lot of them almost accidentally, they're in the area and cheap, so in they go. I've seen several nearby deals fall through, so just consider that I'm 'keeping them in the family' for now, until a suitable (ie driving range) buyer comes along.

All I really NEED is

the double stack LSI's for pa

CW x 5 , KLFC7and LSBR for HT

RB5's and RC7 for mini HT

Heresey for back porch

RB3 in my bedroom

That's about 21 cabinets or so. Not counting subs.

Pretty much the rest are just taking up space. I'm delivering the 2 extra LS bass bins to Greg in Iowa next week, there's a pair of CWBR and HWO that need to be sold sometime. Most of the old PA stuff will be liquidated as well. Then there's the eq's processing, and misc amps lying about......

So you see, society is to blame, case closed, jury dismissed.

Plus I got nothing else to do with my life.

M

Michael, while I am not out to set any kind of record, you can blame Paul W for building a loudspeaker I totally fell in love with when I bought my first pair of Heresy 8 months ago. Doesn't everyone have at least as many pair of Klipsch as they have cars? One of my pair of Heresy is actually an upgrade to the floor standing home stereo speakers I installed as part of my 10-speaker system in the back of my van in 1975 (at a time when component car stereo was almost unheard of, at least that is what the folks at Carver told me when I bought my first amplifier).

meagain, Construction season is when I plan to get back underway with the 2500 sq ft addition to our home plus remodeling the original 1800 sq. ft and 5 bays of our 11-car attached garage which we finished framing and pouring the last of 106 yards of concrete last fall, during which I am expanding/upgrading my whole upper/lower/lower level house/garage/basement sound system which until 8 months ago contained no Klipsch. I have by no means accumulated every Klipsch Heritage speaker currently available on the US market, as according to the eBay 1200+ auction pages I have saved, for every pair of Klipsch loudspeakers I own, I have passed on at least 1200 other pair on eBay.

As Michael has experienced, in search of what I seek, a couple of stray pairs have happened along due to can't pass up pricing, and they will serve as Klipschorn or Cornwall place holders for now. Michael will forever remain the Klipsch king, as I will never match his count. At this point, I would like to add just one more pair each of Klipschorn and Cornwall, and maybe upgrade my Forte and KG-4, so at the most I am in the market for 2-4 more pair.