How to get ahold of DeanG for X-overs

brokenarrow1

www.partsexpress.com

027-866

027-890

005-2

005-10

Keep this one simple -- stay away from the LF section. You'll understand when you pull it out. I used to do it -- but not anymore!

Hey Dean,

Do you run the 005-2 and 005-10 in parallel like in the 7s?

I have the parts, but I cant open the speaks till about 9;30 TONIGHT. it is 5:20 now.

Forward Thanks, Bob

Yep -- same deal.

You'll see 3.75uF on the HF board, and the Kimber is a 3.6 -- it's O.K., every Kimber or Auricap I ever measured came in at 3.7 -- close enough!

I got it done. I just want to make sure that you mean the 2UJ 10W resistor next to the 18uF cap NOT the ones I just changed, Right?

Quote:"You'll need to parallel the 10 and 2 ohm resistor together to get the 1.66 value that goes in place of the single 2 ohm resistor next to the 18uF cap on the HF board -- this is the "mod" that brings the horn's resonant peak down."

Thanks Much Dean.

Yep -- same deal.

You'll see 3.75uF on the HF board, and the Kimber is a 3.6 -- it's O.K., every Kimber or Auricap I ever measured came in at 3.7 -- close enough!

I got it done. I just want to make sure that you mean the 2UJ 10W resistor next to the 18uF cap NOT the ones I just changed, Right?

Quote:"You'll need to parallel the 10 and 2 ohm resistor together to get the 1.66 value that goes in place of the single 2 ohm resistor next to the 18uF cap on the HF board -- this is the "mod" that brings the horn's resonant peak down."

Thanks Much Dean.

bump

"I just want to make sure that you mean the 2UJ 10W resistor next to the 18uF cap NOT the ones I just changed, Right?"

I'm not sure what you mean by "NOT the ones I just changed", but yes -- tack a 10 ohm resistor to the 2 ohm resistor next the 18uF cap -- just like you did with the RF-7's.

Dean, this is what I did. 1, replaced the Kimber 12.0 and 3.6 caps. then the 2 ohm resistor at the opposite side of the board (by the 18Uf cap) with BOTH resistors (10 & 2)) in parallel. Your directions sound like I was supposed to ADD the 10 to the existing 2ohm(white). I left the 2ohm (white) one by the replaced caps alone.

I hope I did it right........ Thanks.

Dean, this is what I did. 1, replaced the Kimber 12.0 and 3.6 caps. then the 2 ohm resistor at the opposite side of the board (by the 18Uf cap) with BOTH resistors (10 & 2)) in parallel. Your directions sound like I was supposed to ADD the 10 to the existing 2ohm(white). I left the 2ohm (white) one by the replaced caps alone.

bump

bump