Poll: Please help me with my psychology project...

prodj101

I am very particular about getting involved with things like that. So if I choose to get involved it is because I want to go. If it is something I don't want to go to then I don't get involved.

Now if you are talking about I'm tired and don't want to go it depends on the circumstances.

As an adult, I find my considerations different than what I remember as a teen.

The main difference is whether the source of authority is internal or external.

As a teenager, if I could get out of something I didn't want to do by paying $1 to the authority figure, that would be great! If it was something I wanted to do, it wouldn't be fun to skip it.

As an adult, I make decisions differently. If I don't want to go to the gym, I just don't go. However, I miss the benefit of working out. That's something I don't want to miss so I go anyway.

DJ -

Maybe I over analyse these things, but I'd say there's insufficient information to give you an accurate answer.

Is the "obligation" something I did volunterily, like taking piano lessons, or something that was imposed on me, like having to take gym class in high school (the most awful experience of my life up to that point)? Am I interested in skipping because I just don't feel like going today even though I want to continue next week, or do I want to get the h3ll out of this program because I hate going to gym class?

If I signed up for this obligation because I wanted to, I intend to keep going, but for some reason today is just not going to happen, then I'd just inform the appropriate party and I wouldn't feel any guilt about it, so there'd be no reason to pay the $1. If this was something I desperately wanted to get out of, like gym class, but some external authority was forcing me to go, and paying some amount would make it go away, I'd be willing to pay a lot more than $1. Di I mention I hated gym class?

DJ -

Maybe I over analyse these things, but I'd say there's insufficient information to give you an accurate answer.

Is the "obligation" something I did volunterily, like taking piano lessons, or something that was imposed on me, like having to take gym class in high school (the most awful experience of my life up to that point)? Am I interested in skipping because I just don't feel like going today even though I want to continue next week, or do I want to get the h3ll out of this program because I hate going to gym class?

If I signed up for this obligation because I wanted to, I intend to keep going, but for some reason today is just not going to happen, then I'd just inform the appropriate party and I wouldn't feel any guilt about it, so there'd be no reason to pay the $1. If this was something I desperately wanted to get out of, like gym class, but some external authority was forcing me to go, and paying some amount would make it go away, I'd be willing to pay a lot more than $1. Di I mention I hated gym class?

No Ray, you're not overanalyzing it LOL

Now get up there and climb that Rope!

Please help me with my psychology project...

Assume you had some prior obligation, like a sports team practice, music lesson, or play practice. If you could pay a small fee, such as one dollar, that would excuse you from punishment, guilt, or ill sentiment from othe persons involved, would you be...

Take your average married couple after the first 5 years.. hahahahahahaha

I wonder..... say if we could pay a fee a simple dollar to make our wives want us more and get it...??

or if she could pay a dollar and say no thanks...

I wonder what the answers might be? hahahahahahahahaha

So much for obligatons!!!!