Rough Khorns

TRiv

Ron-

It seems unlikely that, whether at 4 seconds or 2 seconds, sniping cost you an item. Under that scenario, whoever bid the most would win. Last second sniping prevents someone from reacting to your sniped bid with a higher bid,it doesn't prevent a lower sniped bid from being trumped by a higher bid. It's extremely unlikley (read ipossible) that someone was able to enter a new higher bid after your sniped bid with four seconds remaining.

I've been pleased with www.ezsniper.com and have had no problems with spyware, etc.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing wrong with 2 seconds or 4 seconds. The amount, not the timing, trumped your bid. If the high bidder sniped in at 4 seconds and you sniped in at 2 seconds, you would still have lost.

The point is to place, whether by sniping or the old fashioned way, your bid within the final few seconds so that no one has time to respond to your bid with a higher bid. NOBODY is fast enough to see a bid placed with 4 seconds left and then place a new higher bid. All bids within the last 5 seconds are effectively received simultaneoulsy, i.e., the high bid wins, the order is irrelevant.

Triv!!! I'm so sorry you lost them. But I learned today that these situations can be a blessing in disguise. They 'were' pretty nasty. You'll find your pair. That was a ridiculous price!

EDIT: I know who bought them. When I say 'know', I don't really know. He's scarfing khorns up left & right (you paying attention Corvette?).. He buys ONLY to resell. WV. Dang!

DizRotus, meagain, thanks for the help. I figured $1000-$1150 would have got them, so I bid with a safe measure, guess I was wrong, though actually right, they aren't worth the final price. As a car hobby type, I saw these as diamonds in the rough, bring them home, blast with some shop air, remove ugly grills, wipe down, and wouldn't be too bad. Hook them up, and do the cosmetics later, oh well, there's more!

Think posting for Khorn bass bins wanted on the board is ok? I do have all the drivers, just need the bins and crosovers ( could buy new ). There has to be members here wanting to unload empty cabinets. I am not trying to be cheap as much as I want to experiment, and doing it with nice Khorns doesn't make sense.

Triv!!! I'm so sorry you lost them. But I learned today that these situations can be a blessing in disguise. They 'were' pretty nasty. You'll find your pair. That was a ridiculous price!

EDIT: I know who bought them. When I say 'know', I don't really know. He's scarfing khorns up left & right (you paying attention Corvette?).. He buys ONLY to resell. WV. Dang!

Yup, I am paying attention, I noticed that he bought the pair of 1978 KB-WO serial numbers 12S607 and 12S608 in http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7391166493 for $2,000.00 (according to the seller's secretary the morning he ended the auction early) and now he has them listed for resale in http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5872277905.

The pair of KC-BB

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5869670586 went for way more than I expected given their condition and questionable functionality. trivieras.gifbe glad he didn't bid $1,449.00 or you would have been stuck with them. As it turns out, your bid cost him $773.01.

Exactly. Not to mention the beater pair of 'Scalas he did a $1000 bin on, went to some costs/effort to get them home, etc. Really chewed up pair for top dollar. I think he's new at this idea of buying for resale and can't imagine this will last long given he's paying market price already. I'm hopeing he figures it out soon, cuz he's targeting our general area, eliminating opportunities for those of us wanting a pair for personal enjoyment.

I don't like to see Heritage leaving the area - especially for mere financial gain. [:(]

I'd much rather have 'you' Corvette - snatching them up and perhaps divying out your 'sloppy seconds' some day. Though I'm still on the fence about it, I'm banking on the possibility that you don't have some sort of 'hoarding disorder'. LOL [;)]

triv - look at this auction. This sold for only $400 more. Be happy you dodged a bullet here. It could have been a good auction IF you didn't run up against a foolish bidder who I think doesn't know what he's doing right now.

For $400 more: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5859069003&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1 Aren't they pretty?

I think he's new at this idea of buying for resale and can't imagine this will last long given he's paying market price already. I'm hopeing he figures it out soon, cuz he's targeting our general area, eliminating opportunities for those of us wanting a pair for personal enjoyment.

I don't like to see Heritage leaving the area - especially for mere financial gain. [:(]

I'd much rather have 'you' Corvette - snatching them up and perhaps divying out your 'sloppy seconds' some day. Though I'm still on the fence about it, I'm banking on the possibility that you don't have some sort of 'hoarding disorder'. LOL [;)]

I agree and hope your right, maybe my high bid/loss on those beater Khorns will deter him. I have seen enough of this crap in the vintage car circles ( especially 60's muscle cars), and to this day it is out of control. I buy used parts to build my cars with, and sell what I don't need, not looking to make big money just get rid of parts I don't need to buy parts I do need. This is done mosly at auto swap meets or specific brand webites/forums. I have many times sold parts (mostly 60's muscle car) for reasonable prices at a swap meet, and later when walking around the meet looking, I'll run into the parts (I know they are) I sold a few hours ago at some awfull inflated price. I have no problem with people making money but this kind of crap totally ruins hobbies.

No doubt this happens everywhere, I am just hoping this guy doesn't make it impossible to get a set of Khorns in this general area for a reasonable price, looks like he will travel to pick up, and I see he already does the car parts thing I mentioned, though I can't see him making any money on the beater Khorns, the nice ones he picked up for the good price sure, that will make more working capitol to buy more, but the black ones, I don't think so. At least I know where not to buy them from, and who I could again bid against.

I have seen enough of this crap in the vintage car circles ( especially 60's muscle cars), and to this day it is out of control. I buy used parts to build my cars with, and sell what I don't need, not looking to make big money just get rid of parts I don't need to buy parts I do need. This is done mosly at auto swap meets or specific brand webites/forums. I have many times sold parts (mostly 60's muscle car) for reasonable prices at a swap meet, and later when walking around the meet looking, I'll run into the parts (I know they are) I sold a few hours ago at some awfull inflated price. I have no problem with people making money but this kind of crap totally ruins hobbies.

Been there...Done that! And that is exactly how my business www.FastSS.com (the short URL for www.LightningSpeedShop.com) moved into the restoration engine parts business 20 years ago.

After running local ads and hitting swap meets to unload my spare parts, after a month I was shocked to see that I had ended up with more parts than I set out to get rid of and had made money in the process by taking trades.

While it is nice that my car collection has appreciated beyond belief, it still makes me angry that the Corvette and Muscle Cars I have loved since high school are now just another commodity for some to coldly trade on for profit with absolutely zero regard for their beauty or heritage.

I have seen enough of this crap in the vintage car circles ( especially 60's muscle cars), and to this day it is out of control. I buy used parts to build my cars with, and sell what I don't need, not looking to make big money just get rid of parts I don't need to buy parts I do need. This is done mosly at auto swap meets or specific brand webites/forums. I have many times sold parts (mostly 60's muscle car) for reasonable prices at a swap meet, and later when walking around the meet looking, I'll run into the parts (I know they are) I sold a few hours ago at some awfull inflated price. I have no problem with people making money but this kind of crap totally ruins hobbies.

Been there...Done that! And that is exactly how my business www.FastSS.com (the short URL for www.LightningSpeedShop.com) moved into the restoration engine parts business 20 years ago.

After running local ads and hitting swap meets to unload my spare parts, after a month I was shocked to see that I had ended up with more parts than I set out to get rid of and had made money in the process by taking trades.

While it is nice that my car collection has appreciated beyond belief, it still makes me angry that the Corvette and Muscle Cars I have loved since high school are now just another commodity for some to coldly trade on for profit with absolutely zero regard for their beauty or heritage.

Quit a collection! looked like your site would have pictures of your different cars, really like the 67 BB vettes, 67 Chevelle, and 69 El Camino (375 hp 4 spd, nice)

Several months ago I did win an ebay auction for ok condition 77 Cornwalls with high bid of 427, second highest bidder was 426, 427 won!

Unusuall twist/scam with the original auction for the rough Khorns. Saturday 3-4 I get an email for second chance at these gems at my high bid (don't say it, I know) of $1450. I send reply offering $1200 and will pick up Sunday or early in the week evenings, get reply $1200 fine but I can't pick up, seller has personal problems and can't be there but will ship...free!( before it was pick up only, he didn't know how to ship a week ago), he just got a UPS account to do deliveries, just email my full name and address and he will notify ebay to finish transaction. I was ready to roll... for about 30 seconds, then thought something was fishy. I notified ebay and got some computer generated standard crap how to avoid scam material and notified they would look into and return findings. Typical ebay, no help whatsoever, I didn't fall for this scam though and have done nothing else other than try to contact seller through ebay channel to verify it was him that sent second chance offer, no reply all day, frustrating.

I have been watching feedbacks of seller and buyer on this, and nothing yet for either showing complete transaction, though I see the buyer did get feedback this weekend for the nice Khorns and lascalas he got "cheap", and also removed the $3500+ auction for the Khorns, and is now bidding on another pair in Washington State, which is still going on a few days, what is up with that guy?

To further the frustration, I started a post in the modification section "looking for khorn bass bins" and get a response from member with custom built S Khorn bins for a pair, bins and price are right , but when I emailed and posted I needed phone # to work out details for shipping etc.,no response, though he was posting on the thread I started, and asking others questions of mods. At this point I don't have much trust on that deal either. Others were asking this member if he had the SKhorn build plans to offer, and no response, though Duke stepped in and pm'd them with plans, I think I may ask for same, I have the EV KD-2 but there are differences, may go that route here soon, I can do it , just not looking to start another construction project. Will probably look a little bit longer though

"What's up with that guy?"

The ebayer you're referring to has no apparent personal interest in khorns. He's just buying to resell for any profit. As far as I know, he's picking those spiderweb ones up this week and the deal is valid.

There ARE 2nd Chance offer scammers. Yet I'm surprised he didn't tell you to pay via wire transfer. Maybe (if a scam), he's working up to it.

Quit a collection! looked like your site would have pictures of your different cars, really like the 67 BB vettes, 67 Chevelle, and 69 El Camino (375 hp 4 spd, nice)

Several months ago I did win an ebay auction for ok condition 77 Cornwalls with high bid of 427, second highest bidder was 426, 427 won!

Problem is that those photos are all on 35mm film (didn't get a digital camera until about 6 years ago), and while I did buy a new scanner with an automatic 35mm negative film loader, I have not had time to use it.

I too have always noticed recurring numbers in every day live, for instance, being into guns and Chevrolet muscle cars, I could not help but notice that Illinois Route I-57 has exits at mile markers 283, 302, 327, and 357 (magnum), but I love it that your 427 beat a 426, as it should be. Like I always said "Does that thing have a Hemi in it?" "well than, you have my sincere sympathy".

As to the clown that tried to scam you with the bogus "second chance offer", good for you to recognize the classic M.O. of his communication which contained exactly the same key elements as always like "will ship...free!" and "just email my full name and address and he will notify ebay to finish transaction." Like, how in the world would eBay finish a transaction.

In a way, it almost seems that the scammers keep using the same lines, so as to tip off savvy users, so that they do not waste time with us. When I read one, I recognize it (often simply from the subject line).

Problem is, that even if you are able to communicate through eBay with the original seller's user ID, it may still be a scammer, if he has hijacked the account, and changed the contact information. I have argued for years that a buyer should be able to review a sellers history of contact information changes (like eBay does with user name change history). This way it would be possible to evaluate the feedback record, type of items sold since his contact information changed last, if for no other reason than to verify that he is the same person.

What I do if I have any concerns with a seller I am considering a purchase from, is contact other buyers that have purchased from the seller in the past with a short email like the one I sent the other day:

I am considering bidding on an auction listed by eBay user: ********* and see that he has not been active since about the time you had a transaction with him. Since he is requiring payment by mail I would like to verify that his eBay account has not been hi-jacked by a scammer using one of those spoof phishing emails. Would you be so kind as to verify that the person you dealt with was Walter *********, ***** ********** Street, Houston, TX 77084 (832) ***-*****.