Sub advice

oldenough

HI every one, I am the proud owner of a pair of cherry rf5's, absolutely no complaints with these Flagship reference speakers, (yes i know there is apparently another speaker that some regard as the flagship)[;)]Anyway i am now in the market for a subwoofer. First problem , i'm in Canada! Limited dealers. Second the only authorised dealer reasonably close to me sells at MRP!! that puts an RSW15 at $ 2500. O.k i don't actually know which sub i want but that gives you an idea of what i'm up against. The research that i have done narrows the field to 3....RSW 15 (obviously), RSW12 (seems to be a good bang for the buck), RW12 (hey maybe this will do the job), plus its available at my local supplier, but not in the cherry that i would prefer. All input would be greatly appreciated.This would be used 99% of the time for two channel, and limited use in the future for HT duty. Recommendations for online sellers would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum,

I would opt for a RSW12,will reach as deep as the RSW15.It is fatter than the RSW15 and of the same quality,minus the max output.

For the record I have the RSW10,RSW12 and RSW15 plus a small army of other subs ranging from a mere $200 all the way to over $5000 US.

Also as an option or another trial/test you can do at least listen to the Paradigm Seismic12 a very potent competitor to the RSW12.Plus the PW2200,a larger sub using a 12" woofer on a ported cabinet.

Thanks for the advise so far. The svs PB 12 plus looks interesting, plus right finish, any of the experts got any experience with this sub? Thanx..

Can't help you with this one in particular yet, but I love my plus 2. So much so, that I plan on purchasing a 12+ shortly to complete my upstairs, smaller, prettier, higher WAF somewhat approved HT.