Killer deal!!! should I do it

mowntnbkr

I just found a guy that will sell me a beautiful set of Cornwalls for $500. You know what I already have, plus my model 14's that deanG is working on the xovers. I am in somewhat of a quandry. SWMBO is fine with it. Help me out guys I feel like I am becoming a Colter Jr., but man I love Cornwalls too.

Call it an experiment and learning experience with no down side or long term cost.

If you are buying low, you can sell them for about the same or more in the long run.

In the mean time you've gained experience and investigated the relative merits of the speakers. And had fun.

That is what I tell myself. If this is so, it is far less risky than investing in mutual funds, stocks, etc.

Gil

Killer deal?

Dude, I had typed YES before I even read your post. btw, that's a nice rocking Heritage system you've got going there. But what on earth are you going to do with the other CW's? Could use one at center and move the Heresy to side duty perhaps? Or 2ch in another room. Or do what I do, just stockpile them in the friggin garage already! (today's count, 4 LS, 5 CW, 6 H)

I take it they're nearby? Heck of a road trip that'd be from Alaska to the 48!

Go get em, but please don't ship!

Welcome to the madness and thanks for thinking of me!

Michael

Mike,

No they are far away, but my sister lives about 30 minutes from there and will pick them up for me and hold them. It looks as though we will be moving to the N. Ca. coast (Eureka) in the next couple of months, so I will wait til then to actually take posession of them.

As far as what I am going to do with them......well I notice alot of you have multiple setups and I have an old pioneer sx 880 that I can hook them up to, or I can wait to go tubes and set up a nice 2 ch. system. I just figured a one owner, well cared for pair of Cornwalls for $500 was a no brainer, and worse comes to worse I can sell the lesser of the two pairs and make a few bucks. I still haven't figured out how to post pics here, but my LaScala's and CW's are in beautiful shape, the CW's being CWO and the LaScala's are raw birch with BLO on them.

well I missed the opportunity damnit,thanks to a plane delay. Oh well, I guess I am spposed to make due with my current setup. I tink I will put my model 14's in place of mr cornwalls, purchase some tube stuff and setup a dedicated 2 ch system (unless of course another killer deal comes my way). On a side note, I am almost done with the book on PWK, what a good read, very insightful and gives a glimpse into the man that was PWK.