Now this is worth it!

joshnich

Martins are absolutely gorgeous guitars, they're made to the best of standards. But $60k , my god!! Maybe someone more knowledgable in acoustic guitars , Marvel?, could chip in more info as to why pay THAT high a price. I've played a couple of martins but none that exceeded $4k, and that too at a shop. would love to have one, but can live without one.

I collect vintage guitars and vintage marshall amps. I'm not sure about Martins but I know how much electrics are worht. FYI.......... 59 lespauls w/ flamed maple tops are in excess of $200,000! Maple neck Stratocasters from 1954 to 1957 for 8.5 cond and up are Min $35,000 and more. For pristine examples of 50, and 60's strats, custom colors and such are $40 to 50K.........

old martins regularly go for 5 digits. some get close to 6 digits especially if they have an interesting provenance. it is hard to say if htis is over priced I have seen similar guitars starting at $18k going all the way up to the $60k he is asking. it is a good example of collector value versus real value. A brand spanking new BEAUTIFUL martin d45 is less than $10k...regards, tony

post-3687-13819283707842_thumb.jpg

HA!!! I picked up a Martin d45 that's in great shape at a yard sale for $15.

I don't play but thought it just HAD to be worth more then $15...

I WAS going to give it to a friend as a gift... maybe I'd be better off snapping some PICs and seeing what I can fetch at ebay...

HA!!! I picked up a Martin d45 that's in great shape at a yard sale for $15.

I don't play but thought it just HAD to be worth more then $15...

I WAS going to give it to a friend as a gift... maybe I'd be better off snapping some PICs and seeing what I can fetch at ebay...

That is UNREAL

Gotta be one of the best deals ever. Its solid rosewood back and sides, just gorgeous. Those abalone inlays are immaculate work, and the gold hardware adds that classy touch. I'd freak out if I ever score a D45 for that price, it retails between $6-8k new.