Forte II X-over modification -- Holy Cow folks --- the Forte II's now out perform $4K speakers

honch

Had a pair of Forte II's that just were just not up to what I believe they should be. So after reading a few threads here & on another web site, I contacted "popbumper" on Klipsch Forums site as heard that he builds a replacement or upgraded x-over version for the Forte's that when installed, takes them to a new level. So, intrigued at the idea, and instead of laying out a couple grand for a brand new set of speakers that I had researched & listened to, I said what the heck -- could only be an improvement over the stock units. Well, to make it short, Chris made me a set of his, hand-built, double stacked crossovers. Upon receipt, and after reading his detailed install instructions, I installed the new set. Using a MC-30 amp pair, the networks have taken this speaker up the ladder by 4 or 5 rungs from stock units. Like I said, they sound better than a set of $4K speakers. Then I switched to my main integrated, McIntosh MA2275 -- wow. I just can't believe the sound I'm hearing is coming out of these under $1K Forte units. Amazing clarity, midrange, bass and the black background that is present. It's amazing and hard to understand the music you are hearing is coming from those speakers. You'd definitely think otherwise, especially if someone came in & listened to them while being blindfolded. Easily, they'd say they were hearing a $4K set of speakers, for sure. Naturally, I'm impressed X 10 and the upgrade units were definitely worth the money. I'll be happy for years to come. Thanks much, Chris. Highly recommended, PERIOD.

Chris's networks make the originals look sad! His Academy upgrade yields the same stellar results as well.

Dean's work has done the same things for all my Heritage speakers so I certainly can understand your excitement! Uninhibited performance!

Without sounding silly, I am humbled by the responses I have gotten, and appreciate the positive words. I especially thank Dean who started me on this course, and who has always been a supporter, even through my rough times. I hope that more will find these upgrades a viable option, I certainly am proud to be part of the "Klipsch team" and a member of the upgrade family. Thanks all who have written me, and those who continue to enjoy their music at an improved level.

COMING - a new platform, and a few refinements to the existing platform over the next few months.

Chris

Chris

I have an orginal pair of Fortes. Would this crossover work for them also. Is this something I can build myself. I have built a pair of Als ALKs for a khorn project Im working on. Sounds like the really bring new life to the Fortes.

Thanks in advance

HarleyMo:

Originally I had intended to offer these in kit form, but the paperwork investment became a bit overwhelming, at which point I decided to build these.

Yes, these will work for Forte, as well as several other platforms I have built (Forte II, ChorusI and II, KLF-20, KLF-30, KLF-C7, Academy). If I can assist you please let me know, thanks for asking. The small investment really improves the sound quality of the heritage lines.

Chris

Mike:

Yes, I have and can build Chorus networks; write me for pricing. The networks come fully assembled and tested, and with a full installation instruction sheet. All it requires is a screwdriver to open your existing cabinet, and everything else is straightforward as the network is prewired and has all attachment lugs installed. Thanks for asking!

Chris

I can attest to the success of Chris's crossover modifications. I commented on another thread (can't remember which one) but as this one's here let me repeat that the quality of workmanship is superb and the sound improvements are definitely worthwhile. A bit like Good King Wenceslas -- "deep and crisp and even" :-).

Peter Ward

UK Klipsch enthusiast