replacement cabinets

I had a major roof leak last week and my Chorus II's got really wet. The bottom part of the speakers are seperating. My question is should I replace the whole cabinet or is it possible to fix just the bottom portion? Are relacement cabinets available or is better to rebuild them from scratch?

Thanks in advance

Sorry can't offer any real advice. My gut would say rebuild entire cabinet. The real point of my post is to ask if you avitar is of a greyhound? If so, lets see a bigger pic. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.[:$]

Yes that is a greyhound he's about 95 lbs last time at the vet, I have a boat load of pics of him since we have no kids, our dogs make up the photo albums.

As far as rebuilding, I didn't want to hear that, right now I have to focus on rebuilding my roof and ceiling. Although I might hire a cabinet maker to rebuild them for me but at a later date. Hopefully they will still sound alright.

One other thing if I do rebuild them would it be worth it to upgrade the x-overs? and how much would they cost if I bought some of these from someone here on the forum?

Firedawg:

I can supply both your cabinet and your crossover needs, or either as you choose. I am well connected with a local cabinet shop (worked there last summer), and still have the keys to the place, with access to the CNC. I built a beautiful pair of Walnut Cornwall cabs that turned out great; I did feature them here on the forum last Fall. If you need pics, please write me offline as the files are large and bog down the Klipsch system.

If you can get me EXACT dimensions, and the finish you would like, I can spin you a pair of cabinets. Let me know if this interests you, and we'll go from there. If not, best wishes to getting evrything back the way it was!!!

Chris

Firedawg:

I am in Richardson, 10 miles north of Dallas. The cabinets I need to figure up, again I need dimensions before I can even guess materials cost; I also need to know finish, and whether your grilles are intact. Picking up would actually be preferable. Write me a private message and I will give you pricing on the networks.

Thans for getting back!

Chris