New CT125 Tweeters Received and Installed

ragjr

Mine are due in tomorrow but I have to tell you guys, I was convinced this was the way to go and searched Ebay for a pair of K-77s and after the bid closed for $150 on them I contacted the guy that lost the bid and offered him mine for what he had bid the other ones for, $140 and essentially my pair of CTs has cost me $10. I sold my K-55s on Ebay for $250 which more than paid for my 511Bs and the grills that were no longer needed for $80.Same kind of story with the networks, making way for the new ALKs. The way I see it, upgrading, you cant loose. It pays for itself if you do it right. The point of no return has been crossed and I no longer have stock and probably wont fetch the highest resale value some day but I have La Scalas that will sound as good as possible and that is of higher value to me than stock. I tweek everything I own sooner or later but it rarely pays for itself like playing with something as desireable as Klipsch stuff. Carl

Chops,

I did make a network upgrade for the Cornwall for a while. I only built about 12 sets. As it turned out, the price had to be too high compared to the price tag of the speaker itself. THey were hard to build too. If you want a set though, they are available from DeanG (Dean Wescott). The design is also downloadable from my web site for any DIYer who wants to roll his own.

Al K.

I listend to my CT125s sunday for 6 hours and Bob those are sweeeeeet.Going to leave mine in for sure.They are hooked to home made ALKS in my K-Horns i listend to Dobbie Brothers,Eagles,stuff with alot of highs and wow.Before i put them in i hooked them and the alinco tweet to a crossover so i could A-B them on the bench and the Alinco sounded scratchy even though it has new diaphrams from Bob in them.Now a new K-77 might not make the scratchy sound but the Alincos are out and thinking of selling them to off -set the cost of the CT125s.Rick..edit,,,does anybody want to buy my pair of Alinco K-77 with consecutive serial numbers from a pair of 1972 K-Horns with new diaphrams from Bob Crites in them?

I was just trying say in words how it sounds different than the CT125 to me. There is nothing wrong with them, they would still be in my Ks if i didnt buy the CT125.I thought most fellow members would know enough about the Alincos and i would offer them here first.If i got to go to e-bay fine by me.Rick