Is it true Klipsch is having driver problems with the new reference line?

westcott

I have been trying to audition the new Reference Series and have been waiting for my dealer to get a RC64 in stock to complete the system.

The dealer here in Houston has informed me that the RC64 is on back order until April and that Klispch is having problems with the 6" drivers in the RC64 and that they had to send one or two of them back, that he is aware of.

Anyone at Klipsch to confirm or deny these statements?

I was assured that it would all get worked out and that a similar event happened when the old reference series was released.

I have been extremely pleased with its performance. My original plan was to use the Denon as a pre\pro and get a Sunfire Grand to help with low impedance at higher volumes. My local dealer allowed me to bring one home and I ran it for a week. After that week, I did not consider it worth the additional US$3,500 versus the sound improvement gained. I did notice better sound quality at higher volumes, but it was at a dB level that I do not listen to regularly. I also only use five channels of the 3805.

The noise floor is impressive and the lack of perceptable distortion really suits the reference series. The Denon 3805 easily reaches reference THX levels during a movie without breaking a sweat with the R*7s.

• Klipsch Employees

the driver problem you heard about is not a big thing.

The frist shippment of drivers came in with hand prints "in" the cone...someone picked them up while the coating was still wet. They left prints on the cone and then the cone was baked to harden it...thus harding the prints right in there. Our QA team found the problem and rejected the shippment. On top of that we have had 3 times the orders than was forcast. that puts the plant way behind. We are shipping now, but it will be a bit before all The BO's are worked out.

Hang tight. they will be in soon.

Don't gloss over that spec that Trey just provided. 20% of total powe handling at 20 Hz is quite a workout. That break in process exercises the drivers very quickly compared to playing music at anything like reasonable volume. If you want to do this quickly at home, best bet is to put your two speakers face to face (no grilles) so they almost touch. Wire one out of phase with the other and play bass heavy music. Because they are out of phase and facing each other, the bass will mostly cancel (audibly) and you'll mostly hear mids and highs. Use a mono source for best results with least acoustic output.

hehehe... You know I am still strong.... If I could lift it out of there...and fit in my car, van... heck, Just rent a truck....Use a dolly. Maybe I should just "borrow" it a few days..months, years, hahahaha.

If it is missing, I am sure I would maybe get the first visit pronto... LOL

You can always make me a deal to haul it away????

I think everyone should at least have "one pair" of each Klipsch offered!!!!! I have worked hard to be the poster child for all things Klipsch in Indy. And why not? I love your company too. Besides, you guys feel like "family" anyhow.

You would LOVE my HT downstairs.. Pls come by sometime soon!