Pink Floyd CD question.

RTTR

This is a question for all you Pink Floyd fans out there, what is the best CD release of Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, I'm looking on Amazon and there are like 50 million copies of each album. I don't really care much for the SACD version of DSOTM since I don't have a SACD player and won't be getting one.

The SACD of dsotm has a CD layer on it and the CD layer is one of the best versions on CD. If you do some searching around the net there is a DTS version of wish you were here floating around that you can download and burn on a CD. I don't have it but I have heard it.

The SACD of dsotm has a CD layer on it and the CD layer is one of the best versions on CD.

Actually, I prefer the original LP and 20th Anniversary CD version. It was a cleaned up version of the original master (I think). However, both the LP and regular CD versions sound much better than the SACD... Much better.

The SACD one sucks, both the CD and SACD layer. The schmuck that remastered it this time around sucks! Not only did he screw up the echo of the word "about" as is should have been "bout" in Us and Them, but he also took out all of that low mic/stage rumble in Money that made that song sound so good and be used as a test track for subs. Plus he also screwed around with the timing on some of the other tracks and moved some things around that I didn't like either.