Need help constructing a possible 2 channel PC jukebox

HeritageBob

Hi gang,

I found I have a good bit of computer hardware pieces in the attic from upgrading through the years and have always kicked around the idea of creating a Media only PC with a gigantic hard drive to hold all of my 25 years or so of CD's I have collected.

I am set on CPU/Memory/case/etc. But what I need help on is what kind of sound card should I get to have the best possible sound going into my 2 channel system. Also looking into any thoughts of a nice jukebox type program to run the whole system. Im talking easy album sorting, possible pictures displayed of the CD's cover art, maybe even used with a touchscreen monitor.

I plan on putting this through my Peach and into the VRD's. So any help would be appreciated on the sound quality front. In terms of convenience and storage this would hands down be a great plan, but I really am not sure if I can get the quality out of it as say having a mid range CD player as I own now in the Sony ES player.

Bob

I use a soundblaster live sound card and musicmatch as my player for at home.

The great thing about the live 5.1 card is that you can use it as 5.1 or plain

2 channel stereo. You can also use it as a 4 channel. Control 2 amps for

stereo sound front and rear. Get musichmatch 10 for a player. It can also

be used to put your cds on the hard drive.I have been using this set up for 4 years

with no problems at all.