$400 for this particular set of Heresys?

BigBusa

I've been seeking a pair of rear surrounds and have found these used Heresys locally. They were on ebay originally for a starting bid of $550. I have the seller down to $400 and he delivers them for me to audition them prior to the money changing hands.

I'm wondering sould I spend 4 bills on these or hold out for something different or possibly a better deal. $400 is not really a steal is it? A good deal really gets me pumped.

Thanks Guys!

PHOTOS

members.aol.com/be421/klip1.jpg

members.aol.com/be421/klip2.jpg

members.aol.com/be421/klip3.jpg

members.aol.com/be421/klip4.jpg

members.aol.com/be421/klip5.jpg

------------------

Ubid customer service SUX. Be very wary if you use them.

Hey Big,

While $400 isn't a real steal, it is a pretty good deal IMHO, especially since you don't have to pay for shipping. You might also be able to negotiate down a few more $$ once you get them at your house and you point out all those *serious* dings to the seller Smile.gif!

Good luck.

------------------

Ed W

This message has been edited by edster00 on 10-27-2001 at 01:56 PM

Nice Deal, I have(still waiting, 4th month)a pair of Hersey II's for surround(Khorns F, La Scala's RS, KLFC7 C, RC). I paid $1000 CDN(new), your deal is $630 CDN, and from the pics, nice oiled oak finish in great condition(same as mine, oak all around and adding oak venner to RB La Scala's), except I didn't order the riser as you have.

I had a pair of Walnut(back then) with cane grills, Hersey II's in 93(departed with them to the EX, she thought the Khorns were to big...HA).

Go for it, nice looking speakers Smile.gif

To add to what Ed said, once he's at the door with the "speakers" you have room to play with, not much, but some... Smile.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 11-01-2001 at 02:21 AM

Boomer good luck with your new heresys! These are not new thats why I got them for $400. I think they were made sometime between 1985 - 1990. You did very well to get a new set of heresys for $630 USD!

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)