Latest Digital Amp - Sony SRT DA5000 ES arrived

My new (to me) Sony receiver is sitting in my office begging to be played. Bought it off of Audiogon. More expensive than the Panasonics but a lot nicer.

170 wpc too plus a phono input. This should be fun. I'll have to use my Belle's and ALK's because my K Horns are gone (I barely listen anymore since I sold them - I really miss them).

Chris

hi tiger,

From what I understand, digital preamp and amplifier work by reducing bits to lower the volume level.....with klipsch....you know what that means.......it is going to be throwing out damn near all the bits .....

Subjectly it was a very good match....it did sing......I could have lived with it.....however, earily da5000 had video upconversion problems....after 4 failed .....i got my money back and went with a total kenwood soverigen systems.....very very good........I hear there is a fix for the upc process now

This receiver is for an HT room and I will also use it for two channel with Belles if I am in the mood.

I will have my dedicated two channel system in a different room so I am not looking to replace it. I just want a receiver that I can use for HT that also does 2 channel very well (but I will nto be chasing the last 1% with this system).

Chris

"From what I understand, digital preamp and amplifier work by reducing bits to lower the volume level.....with klipsch....you know what that means.......it is going to be throwing out damn near all the bits ....."

I use digital amps in my two channel system with great results (tri-amped). Never noticed a lack of detail. Hmmmm...

Hope it sounds good. I liked my sony ht receiver from before the DD and DTS days, it had pro logic one.....The problem I have seen with sonys is that they don't last too long, from my old school of stuff should last close to forever attitude. Maybe the digital amps will be better. I hate my b-in-laws sony receiver str-896 or something, but like i said hopefully the digital stuff is a real improvement.