Anyone in Central Florida interested in a little get-together at my house?

I was planning on having a couple friends over from work to hear my La Scala's with the VRD's/BBX, and was thinking why not invite a few others and have a little party. [:D]

I live in Oviedo (15 minutes NE of Orlando) and have it planned for Saturday the 22nd at around noon. I think Colin and 6foot8 are interested but neither have committed yet. I have room for a few more.

I'll provide burgers and dogs, beer and wine (not the good stuff :-) and a place to kick your feet up. You provide a smile, albums and cd's you'd like to bring along, and any equipment you might want to hook up as well (within reason).

I believe one of the fellas is bringing over a nice Naim CD player, so I'd like to hear the differences between that and my dvd player as my cd source.

Anyone interested? John White? Flason?

Mike

Confirmed attendees
------------------------------
Me
Don (friend from work)
Richard (friend from work) - Naim CD player and Rega P3/RB300/Rega Super Elyse
Michele (friend from work) - Pioneer Elite DVD player
CircleA
chops
chops' brother
jt1stcav (chops' other brother :-)
Colin - BottleHead 2A3 Paramour monoblocks , Sonic Impact 5066 class T digital amplifier and Red Wine Clari T digital amplifiers

Im interested. Ill be willing to bring my vintage Klipsch designed EV Barnet cabnet http://www.hifilit.com/hifilit/Electro-Voice/117-5.jpg which I converted into a sub-woofer if you have an amp to power it. A main capacitor blew on mine last summer because of the heat.

I've got a Samson S700 with a spare channel. Let me know...

Mike

Sounds like fun. I'd love to get the chance to hear a pair of Scalas sometime. It just sucks that I always have to work Saturdays.

Hmm... I'll have to see if I can possibly get that day off or something. I'm sure jt1stcav would probably be interested as well.

I'll let you know. [;)]

Alright... now we're getting somewhere. [:D]

Let me know guys and I'll plan accordingly. The only problem we'll have is seating in the listening room (family room) It seats about 4 in the sweet spot and the rest might have to be on the floor in front of the couch (this is not a real big room). There is also a loveseat for 2 more, which is more in line with just the right speaker.

Regardless, a good time will be had by all.

Mike

I'm always off weekends, so as long as chops (my brother) can get the day off, you can expect the two of us as well...Thanks for the invite!

I'm fine with the present seating arrangement...I'm quite comfortable on the floor.[:)]

I don't know if you'd be interested in pipe organ CDs/LPs, but I can provide a few if you feel like blowing the dust off your La Scala's woofers![;)]

I don't know if you'd be interested in pipe organ CDs/LPs, but I can provide a few if you feel like blowing the dust off your La Scala's woofers![;)]

That's great! Please bring 'em! I only have Saint-Seans #3 with pipe organ, and it was going to be one of the tracks I was gonna play.

Mike