Purchased close out RF-5's today.

Merscruggs

I've not posted here in a year or so but I stop by from time to time to see what the world of Klipsch is up to. I recently got a Jolida JD801A and have been searching around for just the right speakers for it. Popped into a local dealer on my way home from work today and saw they were closing out their last couple of pairs of RF-5's [all the RF-7's were already gone]. $700 later, a new pair of cherry RF-5's were in the back of my pick-up on their way to meet their new amp! I've not hooked everything up yet but should have everything going by Saturday. This system will be for 2 channel music playing vinyl, mostly classical and acoustic. No point to this post really, I just felt like bragging a bit to people who would understand the joy of a new pair of Klipsch speakers! If I posted this over at AA or AC, I'd just get a hundred people telling me what I should have bought. Personally, between you and I, I think I made the right choice!

Nothing wrong with braggin'! I'm sure you made the right choice...IMO all Klipsch loudspeakers sound great with tube amplification, so looks like your ears will be in for a treat this weekend. Enjoy!

I actually prefer the RF-5's over the RF-7's too so don't go getting

into buyer's remorse either...that is a sweet deal you got there.

Be sure to come back and share your impressions after you get it all hooked up.