For all you aircraft nuts

Tom Adams

Check out this web siteLittle Wing Autogyros, Inc.. This is one of the instructor's at the Airframe and Powerplant school in the Little Rock area. He designed and built one for Andy Keech who has set several world records with it including the altitude record of 26,408 ft in this little 555 lb gyro. On the left hand side of the site check out the articles on Andy's records. He will be going for over 30,000 ft in May. They were on stage when the builder's of Space Ship One got the X prize, and were in the Areo Shell display at Oshkosh this year. The Smithsonian has a place picked out for the gyro when Andy get's through setting his records. Bill

Not to get off topic, but.... I get this Brietling watch for a gift that has an outer ring with numbers on it that turns around the outside, any idea what all that's about lol? Doesn't it have something to do with aeronautics?

Yes. Depending on the model, it can perform some of the computations (speed/direction) pilots need to do on the fly. There are marine and aviation models. They're handy for the civilian pilot who doesn't want to drag his manual computer out of his knee board or flight bag, however military pilots are usually issued time pieces of their own.

That's a nice gift. Some of them are not only resistant, but operational to depths of over 1000 ft. I'll trade you my manual flight computer for your new watch if you don't like it. :)

Sorry, I'm a diehard fan of the powerful Citation X. Nothing can touch her. Isn't she beautiful? With those enormous engines, no wonder nobody can catch her!

(sigh.............)

The Citation is a fine plane and yes, purdy dern fast. But we fly just as fast and while your X is making refueling stops, we still be flying. Can it do this??

Tom

post-4338-13819286778592_thumb.jpg

post-4338-13819291047854_thumb.jpg

post-4338-13819295007782_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I'm a diehard fan of the powerful Citation X. Nothing can touch her. Isn't she beautiful? With those enormous engines, no wonder nobody can catch her!

(sigh.............)

The Citation is a fine plane and yes, purdy dern fast. But we fly just as fast and while your X is making refueling stops, we still be flying. Can it do this??

Tom

I'm just partial to the Cessnas because that's all I've ever flown. Let me take a Gulfstream out for a few maneuvers and I'm sure I'll like it, too.