Small handful of parts for SET

Greg:

Truly! :)

I took this picture tonight, after checking things over one more time before I will pack them up over the next couple of days.

I found two extra pair of new 5687s, so that's kind of neat, too. It's among the best input/drivers I've used, but has given me some ideas as far as paralleling both sections of both 6SN7s in the Moondogs -- for something I've been thinking about.

Erik

Greg:

Truly! :)

I took this picture tonight, after checking things over one more time before I will pack them up over the next couple of days.

I found two extra pair of new 5687s, so that's kind of neat, too. It's among the best input/drivers I've used, but has given me some ideas as far as paralleling both sections of both 6SN7s in the Moondogs -- for something I've been thinking about.

Erik

Erik,

It would be interesting to hear the idea when you get it figured out.

Greg

Hey, Luther:

The Foreplay! Very familiar with that one, too. I built so many different versions of that little amp, but went the all metal chassis, and DC heater supply route for quieter performance and better shielding.

Beautiful work, as always on the amps. I also used to insulate all cap and resistor leads with teflon, but after peering into giant radios from Hallicrafters, Hammarlund, etc., I was amazed at such outstanding skill and build quality without spaghetti on resistor and cap leads (which I made a practice myself) Your stuff looks wonderful, though, so please don't misunderstand that! It's just become a personal preference and style. Radios have started to really fascinate me, and I've got some short wave designs here that I'm interested in building.

I'll think about that Bottlhead meeting, as well. Thanks very much for the invitation!

Erik