Heritage at a garage sale?

Anybody have any good stories about finding great deals on Klipsch (Khorns, CW, Hersey...etc) at a garage sale? There have got to be some people out there that get the speakers as a hand-me-down and sell them for something stupid like $100 becuase they have no idea how nice the speakers are. I always take a quick look when driving by a garage sale to see if there are any hidden gem speakers. Somebody on here must have a great story on a deal they got, lets hear 'em!!!

I got my first pair of Cornwalls from a guy who'd had a house fire. They were in storage in the closet at the time and didn't get damaged, other than the campfire smell that emanated from them for several years. $300 for the pair, needed some reconing though.

M

I have never been so lucky as to find Heritage at a thrift or a garage sale. The first time my brother in law saw my LaScalas the first words out of his mouth were "Those look like garage sale speakers" I asked him where he seen this type of speaker at a garage sale and he could not answer me. This is coming from a guy that ownes 2 wave radios and a $3000.00 bose HTIAB system. After hearing the Lascalas he politly and VERY QUICKLY declined a head to head.

I have never been so lucky as to find Heritage at a

thrift or a garage sale. The first time my brother in law saw my

LaScalas the first words out of his mouth were "Those look like garage

sale speakers" I asked him where he seen this type of speaker at a

garage sale and he could not answer me. This is coming from a guy that

ownes 2 wave radios and a $3000.00 bose HTIAB system. After hearing the

Lascalas he politly and VERY QUICKLY declined a head to head.

Nice work! A co-worker just spent $1300 on a Bose 3-2-1, but I didn't have the heart to tell her what she could have really had (i.e. Klipsch) with that kind of money. I, however, believe that if they think it sounds good, then it's fine. If they start telling you that their system is BETTER than yours, then I'd have a problem :)