Need a CD player with MP3

t-man

I'm aware of all the portable MP3 CD players out there, but I want something for my home stereo. I don't need a DVD player, but just a basic CD player that can read MP3 CDs burned on my computer. CD text would also be a great plus, and some sort of navigation system would be cool, especially if it were on-screen.

Is there such a thing? What would any of you recommend?

Thanks,

Troy

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Why not get a DVD/CD player that capable of playing mp3s on cdr and cdrw playback? That would cover all your bases. You may want the dvd player in the future.

Kenwood dv503 may not be audiophile quaility but it appears to have everything and more that you're seeking.

------------------

Ubid customer service SUX. Be very wary if you use them.

Bigbusa,

I don't want to pay for DVD capability, and would rather spend that money on better audio capability and features. It's for a dedicated 2 channel stereo area.

I'll check into that Kenwood. Thanks.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

t-man: are you sure you want to invest in MP3 for your home 2-channel rig? After all, it's lossy compression.

Perhaps get something that includes the ability to play MP3's off of a cd-r? If you like to play cd's or mp3's in your car, perhaps there is a product out there that copies cd's and can also play mp3's off of the cd-r? Otherwise, you'd probably be looking at a unit that's basically a big hard drive with a user interface within which you can store MP3 files. Expensive and subject to becoming outdated as compression formats change.

I say go for the combo unit.

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

If your looking for something to play mp-3's why not look at some of the newer panasonic dvd/cd/mp-3/dvd audio I play everything! units I believe they retail for @$300-350 I can't remember the model #'s right now but I know they are out there. The only thing that they are missing (until a new format comes along) is sacd.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?

Why not just use a shareware program available just about anywhere on the net to convert your mp3 files to wav files then burn 'em to CD-R? It's free. The only drawback is you will not be able to fit as many tracks because of the extra space wavs take up.

Eric