Obituary for Klipschorns

brian berube

I became a rookie firefighter at the ripe old age of 50. Worked my first house fire this week. Careless teen smoking a cigarette blew up the house. After we extinguished the fire, one of the Assistant Fire Chiefs and a Fire Marshall took me around to show me various areas of the house. Went into the family room and saw a pair of Khorns destroyed--the Chief and Fire Marshall didn't understand my tears--you guys will.

:) Yea but the horns are pretty serious metal. So what if they got wet and foamed? Wouldn't foam come off? I doubt they melted. So are you saying the khorns didn't BURN to ash in the fire? They just got wet/smoked/foamed?

LOL I'd be all over this 'fire sale'! RU kidding? Save them!

:) Yea but the horns are pretty serious metal. So what if they got wet and foamed? Wouldn't foam come off? I doubt they melted. So are you saying the khorns didn't BURN to ash in the fire? They just got wet/smoked/foamed?

LOL I'd be all over this 'fire sale'! RU kidding? Save them!

If you want to shut her up Brian, just mention they were newer Khorns with plastic horns. Or make her cry and tell her they were pristine 50's Khorns with the old wooden horns.[:)]

Salute to a rookie fire fighter at 50 years of age,my pops did that for

38 years as a HFEO for the CDF ,drove a dozer through fire, an cut fire

lines,saving countless little critters ,people, an property,hint ;when

you retire they wouldn't give you the fire engine just a clock an a

rocking chair

johny,

Hats off to your dad. Few professions more noble than fire fighting. Don't know if there are many rookie firefighters 50 years old. I spent my adult life working in college football. Retired when our triplets were born in 2000. When they started school I decided I needed to do something. Saw an advertisement for part-time firefighters, applied, after an exhaustive physical, testing, background check I was hired. It is very humbling to now begin a new profession at this age and realize what these guys do. It is so much more complicated than what I, and most of the rest of the population, knew. These guys don't simply hook up a hose and pour water on a fire; you know from your dad. I am a complete, but eager, rube who is trying his best to learn the profession through drills, classes and OTJ training.

Meagain, you're the greatest, but there simply is no saving those 'Horns. Observe a moment of silence today, then crank your speakers up and play a tune for those lost in battle.

Johny, tell your dad this is one guy who wants to thank him for his service. It took 9/11 for most people to realize just what heroes these guys are.

Johny, tell your dad this is one guy who wants to thank him for his service. It took 9/11 for most people to realize just what heroes these guys are.

I've never lost a moment in realizing what heroes firefighters are. Along with cops, they are the best of the best. When there's a "bump in the night", who do folks call? I couldn't do what you do for a day, lest a week. Hat's off to ya.

Fire department and police were always my first and second charities. I always give directly to avoid the fund raisers' commissions.

Chris