RF-7 alert ! The RF-7's are in my HT system.

TheEAR

Nice! Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater (getting soon):

TV: Sony KV-ES34M80 (34" FD Trinitron WEGA)

DVD Player: Toshiba SD-5200

VCR: Sony SLV-ED100 (Hi-Fi VCR)

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (230V version of Denon AVR-4802)

Speakers -

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

those speakers are so beautiful!.... aaaaaaaagh... if only my mom would let me get some... to her they are not beautiful... my dad lobbied and got us a 55inch mitsubishi widescreen projection tv (i think it is wide sceen...) and the Synergy 6... that is the best he could do!

congrats ears, if you ever move to houston and your house is too small to hold a lyour stuff, feel free to bring them over here, we have afew empty room that would love to 'store' your good... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

Ears: You said a mouthful, man. Thanks for the review, and enjoy the speakers.

I'd like to hear more of your thoughts comparing specifically the RF-7 to the KLF-30 (I have the 30). Can you elaborate more on "slam" and the in-your-face sound you alluded to? I use mine mostly for Home Theater.

Oups first I hope you forgive me Justin for calling you Justine. LOL

WildBlue,

The RF-7's when paired with large Celeste(MOON)and Krell amps have this huge and efortless quality.Slam to me is the ability of a speaker to reproduce uppe bass and lower bass with authority and impact.Impact with no feel of strain.Most speakers(and even Klipsch)lack this,very few speakers have this ability.

With the RF-7's you enter the land of power and high SPL's.Plus you get good sound quality.Not as good as my Dynaudio Contour 3.3 or Spendor FL-10's.

The big Dynaudios and Spendors are much more refined in the midrange and high end(highs).The Dynaudio Esotec brings you detail close to some electrostatic and ribbon drivers!Very musical.

I wish Klipsch gets some Dynaudio or ScanSpeak custom made tweeters and horn loads them.Wow this could bring all the detail back home with the extreme SPL Klipsch is known to provide.Well,I can dream right?

The Klipsch has more slam then the Contour 3.3,not a surprise as the RF-7 uses two 10" drivers and the Dynes two 8".Only the big Spendor FL-10 get close(need more power)with thier large twin bass drivers.

Now the in your face...

By this I meant forward sound.See I am used to the High-End sound.If you ever did listen to Wilson Audio WATT/PUPPY,large Thiels,Dynaudio Contours you may find them more relaxed and less agressive.This could be what horns bring,throw the sound at ya.

Still I like my Klipsch,my Dynaudio and my Spendors.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey Boa if the RF-7's only have "some" slam to you then you did not hear them with a real power amp! Smile.gif

No reciever can move these woofers like my Krell FPB600 or Celeste 4250SE or even a Celeste MOON W5.

Some slam?!

WHEW

Plenty of it and then some

This is how I felt after some RF-7 power play today...

cwm9.gif

cwm8.gif

cwm3.gif

You get the picture

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ears, not slammin' the rf-7 slam. just kiddin on the "some". the rf-7 have great slam (how's that? cwm35.gif)

i listened to the rf-7 w/ a big mac amp at the local shop. published my very positive review here under HT a while back. they are an excellent speak. especially

for a 2-way Smile.gif i could tell klipsch put a lot o' R&D into these new refs.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Two way,yes its a mighty two way.No mini monitor to be sure.

Funny I heard a customer ask a salesman in a audio shop if they had any THREE WAY SPEAKERS.LOL As if a three way was an automatic ticket to quality.

There are quality full range speakers,sound superb(quite expensive too).

So what is your view of the TWO and THREE way speakers Boa.

TheEAR(s) Now theears