You Guys See These Old Beauties ???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1291338564

Wow, check these out! Look at those old Cornwalls. Must be one of the first made ... and pristine!!!!

What are the Model H's? Anybody know?

One of us HAS to get these off the street. I'm maxed out on Heritage (have all of them except the LaScala) but I forwarded it on to my brother-in-law in Phoenix.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Mike -

From the photos and description there's not (2) each of any one speaker. In fact, it looks like this guy is getting rid of (5) different models of Klipsch speakers. That, to me, is a bit bizarre. I mean, what kinda system would you have using (5) different models of *any* speaker?

Personally, I wouldn't bid on this unless I was looking for a match for any of the models in the set. Besides, once I got this set, I'd drive myself crazy trying to find matches for each one. Smile.gif

Tom Adams

Tom - As I re-read the ad, I agree with you. At first look at the picture, it appears to be 2 Cornwalls, a Model H, and 1 K-Horn. Since he said 5 speakers, I figured the other K-Horn was out of the picture, but it looks like he is counting the midrange assembly of the Khorn as a separate speaker and when you look at the right-hand speaker you can see the angled top on it, for the Shorthorn. While these are very cool, I agree - what a nightmare to actually put into service!

DD2

Yeah, the Khorn appears to be a center channel, but that's OK ... if someone's got two Khorns already and is shopping for a center and rear surrounds, you're all set. The Cornwalls themselves have to be worth something significant. Not sure of the driver configuration in them. The two Model H's would be nice side surrounds. I still think that these are museum grade stuff ... if you're into the old stuff (I am) and these are reasonably priced, what fun would THAT be? Pretty cool cwm30.gif

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Very nice speakers but I can't tell what the heck he's selling either. I see 4 speakers there. He says 5 with 1 cornwall? Huh?

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

19?? Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

Onkyo TX-DS787 (reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Doug Drake, who lives near me, sent me an email about those yesterday. I started drooling immediately! After all, Sedona's only 40 minutes from my house.

At first, I thought - Cool, a 5-channel K-Horn/ShortHorn/Heresy setup! I automatically assumed two K-Horns, two surrounds and a center channel. Then I saw the manufacture dates and realized that they didn't have DTS or DD back then. How our perspectives change!

I came close to emailing the seller, also, to clarify the "existence" of another K-Horn. But, I decided to restrain myself since I really have no business buying them. That is, however, a beautifully matched set.

If anyone does end up buying them, and thinks they might be in the Phoenix area sometime soon, I'd be happy to pick them up from the seller and store them here safely until you can get them. (This isn't meant as a "sure, I'll store them indefinitely - wink, wink" kind of a joke!) It'd save you shipping if you've got any plans to travel out this way.

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Hi

I emailed the seller and indeed the speaker setup is

as described a few emails before.

1 Klipschorn

1 Cornwall

1 ShortHorn

1 H speaker

regards

george

------------------

---------------------

Fisher 400-CX pre-amp

Fisher 100 (EL37) monoblocks (3)

Fisher 101R tuner

Fisher 100-MPX

Sony SCD-333ES

Ampex 1260 reel to rell

Garrard 401/SME3012R/Grado

Speakers...

-------------------------

Hi,

He told me he bought them from an Estate sale like that together with a very high quality hifi system.

george

------------------

---------------------

Fisher 400-CX pre-amp

Fisher 101R tuner

Fisher 100-MPX

Sony SCD-333ES

Ampex 1260 reel to rell

Speakers...

George, I'm confused now (which isn't hard to do Smile.gif ) ... I emailed the guy and asked him to confirm what he was selling ... I said:

2-Cornwalls

1-Khorn

1-Model H

1-Shorthorn

and he said, "Yeah, that sounds right"

See the attached picture? It definitely shows a pair of Cornwalls surrounding the Khorn, and the Model H (I think) sitting on top of the right Cornwall.

I think I'm seeing this correctly, but I'm not sure Dale (the seller) is describing it correctly.

------------------

---------------------

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

No, if you look carefully on the detail pictures you will see that the back of one of the "smaller" speakers is flat while the other is concave/corner-horn style.

So the left speaker on the photo is a Cornwall the right one is a shorthorn. So I think it is one of each kind plus the double counting of the Khorn.

goerge

------------------

---------------------

Fisher 400-CX pre-amp

Fisher 101R tuner

Fisher 100-MPX

Sony SCD-333ES

Ampex 1260 reel to rell

Speakers...

Dougdrake2 - I believe that he came by 1 each because at that time they were sold as singles. Stereo was not around or certainly in it's infancy. This is further validated by those vintage K-Horns recently on e-bay where one was 'real' and the other a copy made later when stereo came about (late 50's early 60's?). WRT my pre-55's, I recall my dad telling me that after stereo became popular, he was able to have Klipsch make another with the exact components and build style as the one he had. Was very impressed with how accomodating they were. Swore he'd never own another speaker.

------------------

Ed

Upon further inspection, I can see what you mean. Really hard to see unless you're looking for it ...

Still an interesting collection although not sure how you could blend it all together ... talk about the true meaning of "eclectic" Smile.gif

------------------

---------------------

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

You know what ... There are three days left on this auction and no bids yet. I think the problem the seller's going to have is selling all these together. If there are no serious bids, one of you Arizonans ought to buy the package and sell them individually on Ebay. I think they'd sell better that way. IOW, the market for center channels by itself is really where these should be targeted. Wouldn't that Cornwall make a sweet center channel for someone? Or that Shorthorn, or Model H? Even the Khorn (granted, the guy's HT needs to be the size of Giant Stadium, but the point still stands) ...

Individually, these would sell for way more that they'd go as a package. My humble opinion anyway ....

------------------

---------------------

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD