Architectural White Cornwalls

Klipschfoot

or iPod white, or WhiteWalls, or whatever. They sound the same.

'79 Cornwalls. Architectural White. Special Order. Okay, all kidding aside, they were painted so they would not clash with other woods in the house. But I am not the offender. Actually, it's kind of convenient. I can put stuff on top without worrying about the top. And they brighten up the basement.

EDIT: or, What if Ikea made Klipsch speakers?

post-10956-1381929532705_thumb.jpg

The Altecs were parted out last year and auctioned off. I just could not REALLY enjoy them in my smallish room. (I guess I'm not a "Heritage Altec guy.") Perhaps, if I was in a real THEATER, since they are really domesticated Voice of the Theater speakers, they would sound great. These Cornwalls are fantastic! My old tube amps are all gone and I am running good SS but I also have one of those ten-cent Harman Kardon 430 receivers in my office. My vintage tube stuff was too old and in need of much love that I could not give them. Someday, I will get another tube. (I have a bunch of loose EL-34's, 12AX7's, etc. around to revive an accidental find if that happens.) I DO have one of those PWK-approved Crown D-75 amps somewhere. Time to dig it out? I can understand why you guys love these speakers so much. Now I need to make some stands to get them off the floor.

Finally - someone with enough guts to paint!!! They look sharp.

IDK why more people don't use various paint finishes to jazz up these heritages. (this will be the subject of next weekends 'Meagain rant'.) Not all wood is worth retaining natural! Wonder how they'd look with different color grill cloth also. But they look smashing.

Bravo!

Cool! iCorns. I would never paint speaker myself either, but those look pretty nice.

I like that "Icorn" [:)]

I think they look cool in white like that!

But then again, maybe they look too much like a laundry hamper... [:P]

Tag mclaren has automotive paint finished speakers:

tag_mclaren.jpg

Okay, those are hideous!

I am working on a pair of old Heresies that I'm finally getting the hang of the fibreglass finish. They're getting HIP style metal grilles, rounded corners, top handle, and pole mount.

What color should I put in the final coat? White, Green, Purple???

Michael

I'm giving them the old 'rock and roll' road case look

use mat fibreglass and gel on all the flat surfaces, then apply 4" tape on all edges after rounding over with router. End look is heavy duty edges, corners with triple layer. Looks like slightly ripply epoxy coat over glass cloth mesh. VERY heavy duty!

I'll be using these for small outdoor PA and running the outdoor theatre this summer.

Michael