Zeppelin, LPs, 45rpm, Classic Records 200g...

rplace

Michael/rplace,

I was speaking of transfering "audiophile" re-issue 45rpm records to digital in general. I have the Classic Records Led Zeppelin 200g vinyl re-issues and haven't heard about the aforementioned remastered redbook cd's. It's my understanding that, in lieu of high quality cd "remasters', using well done audiophile vinyl re-issues as the source will generaly sound better after being properly transferred to digital than most mass market cd re-issues of the same title.

I hope the above made some kind of sense,

Chris

Rich,

You have a valid point $15 each really isn't a bad price!! My birthday is right around the corner you buying? [;)]

I know, I know......... you like me just not $700 worth LOL!!

Craig, I am totally down with buying you a set if you buy me a set. How can the wife roll her eyes if it is a present, right? [6] Honest honey, it came from Craig.

I honeslty think if it was 450-500 I would be all over it. The last $200 seems to be a mental sticking point for me. You know in 5 years they will be on ebay for a grand...and somebody...not me will be bidding on them. I am all about playing them and the music, not collectability.

Rich,

I have contact that happens to be a industry insider that will aproach classic records for me I'm sure he maybe able to get a deal on a second set for you. He mentioned something like 40% off. This will have to happen in May when he can talk face to face with them at a show in LA. If the 40% off ends up being the real deal that puts us around $420 each.

Craig

My point is that if you're going to burn CD's from these LP's then the comparison is this:

The increase in quality of the LP cutting and pressing process from the original tapes

VS

Buying the already recorded CD from Jimmy Pages' remastering from the original tapes.

I would think that there is much more to gain in terms of clarity, noise reduction, separation of instruments, etc from the remastered pieces, than any increase in recorded quality in a better LP pressing. Knowing that you might still have some surface noise and would need to go through the LP->CD transfer process would make this an unworthy task in my book.

Michael

Actually the Jimmy Page remastered stuff is crap.........

Rich,

You have a valid point $15 each really isn't a bad price!! My birthday is right around the corner you buying? [;)]

I know, I know......... you like me just not $700 worth LOL!!

Craig, I am totally down with buying you a set if you buy me a set. How can the wife roll her eyes if it is a present, right? [6] Honest honey, it came from Craig.

I honeslty think if it was 450-500 I would be all over it. The last $200 seems to be a mental sticking point for me. You know in 5 years they will be on ebay for a grand...and somebody...not me will be bidding on them. I am all about playing them and the music, not collectability.

Rich,

I have contact that happens to be a industry insider that will aproach classic records for me I'm sure he maybe able to get a deal on a second set for you. He mentioned something like 40% off. This will have to happen in May when he can talk face to face with them at a show in LA. If the 40% off ends up being the real deal that puts us around $420 each.

Craig

Fingers crossed...I'll send you a EM/PM with my thoughts.

My point is that if you're going to burn CD's from these LP's then the comparison is this:

The increase in quality of the LP cutting and pressing process from the original tapes

VS

Buying the already recorded CD from Jimmy Pages' remastering from the original tapes.

I would think that there is much more to gain in terms of clarity, noise reduction, separation of instruments, etc from the remastered pieces, than any increase in recorded quality in a better LP pressing. Knowing that you might still have some surface noise and would need to go through the LP->CD transfer process would make this an unworthy task in my book.

Michael

Actually the Jimmy Page remastered stuff is crap.........

Well Craig, are you just trying to bait me again or do you have a personal detailed opinion you'd care to share with the class?