KLIPSCH SUB BOXES-- * free*

Corvette6769

I ran across this post yesterday while the forum was down and just remembered it:

atlanta craigslist > electronics > KLIPSCH SUB BOXES-- * free*
last modified: Tue, 25 Apr 17:24 EDT

KLIPSCH SUB BOXES-- * free*

Reply to: sale-154570876@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-04-25, 5:23PM EDT

TWO KLIPSCH SUB BOXES FOLDED HORN TYPE. TAKE 15 INCH DRIVERS (NOT INCLUDED) THE PEAVEY PRO 15 FULL RANGE WORK GREAT ($45 AT GALAXY) OR PEAVY LOW-RIDERS ($185 EACH AT GALAXY) THESE ARE JUST THE BOXES AND ARE HUGE 6' BY 5' BY 20" HIGH AND WERE PART OF THE MGM GRAND SOUND SYSTEM FROM THE 70S. YOU MUST COME GET THEM. I85 NORTH EXIT 102 BEAVER RUIN. CALL BILL 770-891-1288 FOR DIRECTIONS. FREEEE TO FIRST PERSON WHO GETS HERE

this is in or around LILBURN

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right here. I would also like to refurb them. I've got a spare set of EVM-15L that would probably work perfectly. Although I'm confused as to what they are- would these be LS or MWM bins? I can't think of any other Klispch W bin for 15".

Steve has first dibs. I won't be down south for any reason soon, but would someone, anyone in the area - GO GRAB THEM and keep em in the family?

Michael

I just called the guy, Bill, and left message about our little group and that we were working to locate a member with a truck in his area. They ARE the MWM big boys! And I'm building a pole barn next month!

Any Atlanta members? I'm going to go check out map right now.

M

THEY'RE OURS!

Thanks for passing this along Vette! You're the coolest man!

I just spoke to Bill. He got these from a theatre where he paid $300 to the demolition guy to take all the sound system stuff left over. He is holding them on gentleman's agreement for us. I took time to tell him who we were, gave him link to Forum, said they'd go to a good home- you know, all the right stuff. He's had calls from band kids in the area, but presumably they were too big for them.

The dimensions are 44 1/2 wide x 6 feet and 17" high. So they'd fit whereever you could put a sheet of plywood with 34" inches of height, probably even a pickup with cap on it. Van might be iffy, but those are the actual measurements he gave me.

They are just the standard Birch type, he said some delamination, but mostly solid. I'm going to see if he can send me some photos before we go through the trouble.

Oh, he says bring some music that you like to hear LOUD, he has like 10 PA bins from a Pink FLoyd tour and a host of goodies in his shop. Sounds like one of us LOL.

Mark 1011 is the trusty Forum Brother who's volunteered to pick up and hold these babies- That's HOW IT WORKS! very cool guys!

Michael

Mike,

You have my cell number. Give me a call when you receive the pics, and/or are sure you want me to pick these things up. Send the pics to me so I can see the "targets", and the owner's contact info so I can make arrangements.

This should be fun, it's only about 50 miles.

Thanks guys, I think Mark has the info, van and storage space.

Steve, I'm waiting for a couple of photos. Because of the delamination issue, I'd like to see how bad they are before committing to all the shipping. Can you share your potential use with me? Maybe each of us could take one? One sub for my LS is really plenty- I'd probably set it up permanently in the barn anyway.

Michael

I got in trouble the other day with the wife for bringing this up with all the OTHER projects that need to get done around the farm.

Here is the deal. My barn is 65 X 35 and has a full hay loft, and the whole thing has tounge and groove heart of pine flooring in it[:D]. I want to make a entertainment/excersize/party room up there and build a deck off the back of the barn. I want to make the room about 25 x 35. So basicly I would build a wall across the loft and then put another roof inside the barn. sand the floor down and put a good coat of poly on it. Then I would be able to use the LS's I have (need to get three more) and this sub to set up a killer theatre in this room.

My origanal plans are an addition to the house but I don't see that happening now for a few years. So this would be something I could do soon (like this year).

Just think this sub box deal would be to good to pass up as long as they are in pretty good condition.

What do you think. Does any of that make since?

Steve

Guys,

These are not subs. They are just bass horns. Take a look at the Klipsch pro stuff in the products section. The new ones are now double cabinets, but you can see the specs. Not subs.

They are just bass horns. The old ones, (what I believe I will be picking up) are the single woofer type.

Just so you know.

Steve, they are the single 15" version- half of that.

You mentioned that they are in good shape, have you talked to Bill or seen photos? I talked to him and emailed him today trying to get this setup. If you take them, could you hold one for me?

Michael

Guys,

These are not subs. They are just bass horns. Take a look at the Klipsch pro stuff in the products section. The new ones are now double cabinets, but you can see the specs. Not subs.

They are just bass horns. The old ones, (what I believe I will be picking up) are the single woofer type.

Just so you know.

Yeah Mark, but Klipsch is still making them and they are being installed as the low end in many custom pro theatres. That's good enough for me.