HSU Sub with Klipsch Speakers??

greg0320

Without a doubt! [:D][:D]

I have had the older VTF-3 (front firing) for a couple of years or more now and I am extremely pleased with its performance. Not a single problem and it sounds sooooo nice....................................

Have fun

Mike

I've had a Hsu TN1220 cylinder with my Forte-Academy-RS3 HT setup for several years... it blends seamlessly with the Klipsch sound, to my ears.

About a year ago, I added a Hsu VTF3-MKII to balance out the bass, and have been very pleased.

I came very close to going with SVS before I got the VTF3, and there was a lot of back-and-forth before I made my decision; what led me to the the Hsu was not only to match up better sonically with the TN1220, but the pricing, including shipping was a little better, and the Rosewood unit I had my eye on was available for immediate delivery.

(If I'd waited a month, I could have had a Rosewood SVS PB12 plus, which digs down deeper, and is a heck of a sexy sub, but when you just have to have something RFN...)

I find the Hsu subs to be very musical, and can recommend them heartily.

Will a HSU VTF3 MKII sub work okay with Klipsch speakers (RF 82's front, RC62 center, and R5650-S in-wall surrounds)?

Also looking at Paradiagm PDR-12 and PSB Subsonic 6i subs.

Thoughts?

Greg

There is no need to match a sub with speakers[;)]

Any well made sub will sound great with Klipsch.

While I do not have a wide experience with different subs, my gut tells me that there has to be a "timbre" to subs, just as there is with full-range speakers; I agree that the differences are going to be difficult to discern, but the rest of my experience with fine-tuning audio tells me that the differences are there.

Not only that, but there is also the question of dynamics, headroom, and a sub's basic ability to "keep up" with sensitive and dynamic Klipsch speakers.

In this case, I can vouch for the Hsu name, although SVS (and, of course, Klipsch) would be a perfectly acceptable alternative.

While I do not have a wide experience with different subs, my gut tells me that there has to be a "timbre" to subs

Your

gut has this one wrong. Timber is absolutely NOT a factor as it

relates to subwoofers unless you use a crazy crossover like 200hz.

The only thing you should really be conserned about the phase setting & nulls in the crossover range.