Colter finds BASS!

colterphoto1

will do, I haven't redone YPAO based on system decisions and sub placement. Might get around to that and some pix this weekend.

It's a b!tch copying the YPAO numbers, someone here said that they did ypao then tweaked the eq- I thought it was the para OR graphic eq, not both?

M

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Michael I used to like you cuz you were one of my sub challenged Heritage brethren. But now youve gone and done this. Just great what am I the only Heritage guy on the planet without a good .no make that any sub. [:$][:'(] Congrats partner I drooled all over the Heritage/THX Ultra II mating in Indy last year.[<:o)]

No - you're not the only one on the planet. I've got this great (IMHO) home theater with Corns for mains, 5 Heresy's for center & surround duty, premium Denon DVD player, B&K pre/pro, two Parasound Halo amps, and what do I have for a sub to compliment such nice equipment?? A Klipsch KSW-15. [:$]

That will soon change come hell or high water!

Oh - congrats Michael on the new subs. I think if I could fall into a deal on those things, I'd pull the trigger too.

Tom

Guys- not to worry or have sub-envy. All I had for years was a little ksw-12. I didn't think I needed more sub with my room size and Cornwalls all around.

I'd heard Indy's THX's so knew they were an awesome match to the LS or CW's.

Just kinda fell into a good deal on these so jumped at it.

M

had some buddies over tonight and BLEW THEM AWAY with the LS/CW/THX system. Now it finally rocks!

There is a lot of noise coming from the control unit itself, during quiet passages I can hear a buzz/hum. Is this common?

Michael

There is a lot of noise coming from the control unit itself, during quiet passages I can hear a buzz/hum. Is this common?

================================================

That is what good cabinet rack in another room is for. At least not next to you too. No hum in the speakers... just the Box ( KA1000 AMP) right??

It will make some noise.. heck my HD box from Comcast is another noise maker as well. Then there is the Projector as well.

Actually most of the noise was from the Crown, as I was using both systems tonight. The THX box is fairly quiet. Only when listening very quietly at -50 or so could I hear it, then I could usually turn the subs off for that level.

M

• Moderators

Colter:

" had some buddies over tonight and BLEW THEM AWAY with the LS/CW/THX system. Now it finally rocks! "

And this is from a guy who knows rock, ask DRWHO.

I can't recall Michael this excited in a long while, it has to sound VERY good.

Really glad to hear this, sometimes it takes something like this to get one excited about music again, couldn't have happend to a nicer guy.

Thanks Dtel.

I watched Rush Chronicles last night. I'm a big fan of the Rickenbacker bass sound of Chris Squire (Yes) and Geddy Lee (Rush). The THX is so incredibly accurate and melds with the bass section of the LS so as to achieve a very accurate Rick sound. I could hear every nuance of finger pluck, attack of picked string, rattle on fret, that big FAT SOUND, and every effect from modulation, fuzz, etc.

Next up, The Who and John Entwistle. I think I'll make a study of bassists with my new gear.

Then to lookup that thread with the movies with great low freq sections if anyone knows where that is, kindly point the way.

Michael

Finding Nemo - the scene where Dora taps on the fishtank (I've knocked pictures off the wall with that one...)

U-251 - the depth charges are fricken unreal and bottom out everything I've tried it on.

LOTR - all the insane fighting scenes and the tower falling, etc etc...

Btw, Doc needs to request some music education with Rush. I've heard a few of their songs and I've like what I've heard so far, but I know absolutely nothing about them.

But ya, next time we hang out I'll be sure to bring some "fun" CDs to play with [;)]

Thanks Dtel.

I watched Rush Chronicles last night. I'm a big fan of the Rickenbacker bass sound of Chris Squire (Yes) and Geddy Lee (Rush). The THX is so incredibly accurate and melds with the bass section of the LS so as to achieve a very accurate Rick sound. I could hear every nuance of finger pluck, attack of picked string, rattle on fret, that big FAT SOUND, and every effect from modulation, fuzz, etc.

Next up, The Who and John Entwistle. I think I'll make a study of bassists with my new gear.

Then to lookup that thread with the movies with great low freq sections if anyone knows where that is, kindly point the way.

Michael

Michael - If you wanna hear some really cool bass playing, check out Wayman Tisdale. You NBA fans might recognize his name since he was a power forward for many years. And was drafted second behind Patrick Ewing. Anyhow.....the dude can really hammer a bass. It's just wild to think that not only could he drain a bucket from 3-point land, but is capable of playing a bass just as proficiently. He does an awesome cover of the song "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now". And yes, it's www.waymantisdale.com.

Tom

Rush,am listening to Neil Peart... Anatomy Of A Drum Solo. Damn you have to see and hear this,this is druming.And for those who like drums,a must own.

Colter,

Another good subwoofer stress test and showcase of subsonic prowess is ..

Black Hawk Down(when the choppers leave base)

LOTR Fellowship of the Ring (the scene where the Barlog chases the happy pary)

Pearl Harbor (the Japanese attack and the battleship...exploding)

Watched SWIII Revenge of the Sith last night and U571 today.

Looks like some nicnacs are gonna need felt feet or doilies or something. Those depth charges had stuff rattling that has never moved before. Just sternum-crushing low and loud. I had to turn the sub pre out down to about 75%, it was just too much!

TOO MUCH BASS, can you belive it?

Michael

Too much bass,yes there is such a thing.Sometimes during a few rare moments I feel my eardrums starting to hurt from deep bass SPL.

Power,over the top power is a beauty to have at your finngertips. [:D] In audio over the top gear = instant gratification

DrWHO,

You have knocked pictures off the wall!

LOL

This is asking for it,first use screws not nails to hold your 15lbs picture frames,and stop using tiny finishing nails.

I have heard many people(reviewers forv the most part)talking about pictures being KNOCKED off walls. I tell you something I've pushed SPL surpassing capabilities of a RAT Shack SPL meter at 25Hz at listening position and never any pictures even was close to being knocked of the wall. It was so loud you could lose hearing and fast and pain replaced loud,still no pictures knocked off walls.

Maybe its my multipe subs cancelling eachother? [:P]

In my first house..they rattled..with a RSW 15 with K horns. So I put felt on the bottom edges of the picture frames. My house I live in now is a LOT stronger. No Problems.

I agree with the screws.. If it is important enough to put a hole in the wall to hang something.. Do it right! I mean think about what your really saying, it "lifted" a picture off of the wire sitting on a hook? Not likely! Now FELT like it could? Maybe