COPPER BANANAS

A little story about copper&bananas....Just to show you how loony things have become........I was speaking with my electrician about providing an electrical circuit to my back yard for some construction work going on. The electrical contractor emphasized that the bid was only good for one day, since the price of the wire was moving higher so rapidly, he could not rely on his own cost of materials. When your own electrician has to worry about commodity prices for a 100 foot piece of cable, you know things are bananas!

post-16352-13819297874546_thumb.jpg

Wow a guy would need an energy drink after that, but wait!

Speaking of lunacy, here's an updated chart of perpetual riser Hansen

Natural (HANS). This is a percentage chart. I don't touch this thing. I

just watch in amazement. It's kind of hard to fathom that a niche

player of energy drinks has a market capitalization approaching five

billion dollars. This stock will fall hard one day, but I for one am

not about to guess when or why!tap water anyone?

post-16352-13819297874846_thumb.jpg

Builders are putting in 'cost escalation' phrasing in contracts to build nowdays.

So should we start hoarding pennies? Around town here houses under construction are being stripped of wire, metal lamp posts removed just for their scrap value. It's a mad, mad, mad world.

Johny, what drink does Hansen produce? If it's Diet Rock Star I attribute greatly to their skyrocketing value! EDIT, just checked- they'e responsible for the MONSTER soft drink craze. wonder if the cable manufacture is hot on their case for stealing their WORD????

M

I think the switch was 1983, they are only copper plated now. The same thing happened to silver coins several years before that.

EDIT: OBTW, you can mostly thank China for the run up in material costs. When I built my shop the cost of steel raised the price of my building from $17000 to $26000 with most all of the options I had asked for on the first building, deleted on the second price! This was over the span of 3 months and that was 3 years ago. I don't even mention the increase in the price of concrete or lumber or wire either.

This is something to think about the next time you buy something made in China

Well as the Chinese common people are gradually turning to middle class as has America, prices increase and they to need the common supplies that we use everyday. Its common Adam Smith. Sooner or later China will become to expensive to build stuff there and companies will once again move to a different country. If you do not think so, look at Japan and Korea as prime examples.