WHAT SHALL BE MY FIRST LP.....

Gilbert

Dude, I wish you would have done this last year I would have had 660+ LP's to give you which would have been a hell of nice starter package. Most of the music was stuff you would have liked too. There is still a bunch of albums at my mothers house, I picked all the ones that I wanted but there might be some stuff that interest's you. Check the next time you are down in Laredo.

I guess if I had to pick only ONE it would be "Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section"

4712675966.jpg

Man!, look at that big-daddy sax. I love it, and will be a copy cat. Hope this aint one your $1000 LP's Allan [+o(]

Nope. Even a mint original wont set you back more than a couple of hundred most of the time! But there's no need to rush out and get one--the Contemporary pressings from the 70's (pre-Fantasy OJC) are SUPERB and you can get one for about $20 or so!

Here's a nice clean original that went for $120:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-PEPPER-MEETS-THE-RHYTHM-SECTION-STEREO-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ4874695431QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The 70's pressing will be Stereo with a yellow label and no deep-groove. But it sounds just as nice!

Allan and Gary.

Where does a guy get his hands on some of these Contemporaty reissues? There's a whole bunch of stuff from that label I'd love to find and the pre-Fantasy reissues are perfectly fine by me. I'm down in San Diego and the local pickins are very slim. Get up to LA when I can, but not regularly enough to hit all the shops I like. Ebay's too much of a crapshoot and GEMM is only marginally better. Allan, I've seen you refer to "lists" before. How does one get on the distribution for some of these? Thanks for any tips you can share.