K77 round vs square magnet?

"...the min recommended cutoff for the 2404 is 3000hz at 18 db per octave. The AA or A nerwork is not an 18 db per octave network. consequently if you use the A or AA...there will be overlap into lower frequencies.

Actually, the Type AA does use an 18dB/octave tweeter filter. It's also pretty lossy, where in comparison to the first order Type A tweeter section it's almost 2dB down. In some rooms, or in situations where one wasn't prone to high decibal listening -- it might be possible to get away with just dropping it in without getting the feeling it was dominating. With the Type A, I suspect it will sound much too hot.

oh...I mis read your question, bob is correct st-350 is a bi-radial horn. I though I saw t-350 in your question.

attached is the data sheet for a st-350b

if you have a round magnet it is a st-350a....square magnet is an st-350b.

frequency responce is -+ 3b 3000 thru 15000hz

Dean is correct...the AA network is an 18db on the tweeter end.

so the AA network would meet the min specified in the 2404 document I provided.

ST350B EDS.pdf

oh...I mis read your question, bob is correct st-350 is a bi-radial horn. I though I saw t-350 in your question.

attached is the data sheet for a st-350b

if you have a round magnet it is a st-350a....square magnet is an st-350b.

frequency responce is -+ 3b 3000 thru 15000hz

Dean is correct...the AA network is an 18db on the tweeter end.

so the AA network would meet the min specified in the 2404 document I provided.

Golly! I did'nt mean to open a can of worms...

But, is one better than the other? Or does it just boil down to what one likes to hear? Any sound quality diffrence? One more popular or the other?

Sorry, I'm not as technical as you guys.

Thanks again,

Santa Lee

Bruce,

Yes, I did use Bob's tweets. I just had a chance to buy some origanals and was just wondering which ones would be best. Since I've built my LS, I ran across a set of origanal LS that I pick up and it had the round mags in it. Can't really hear too much diffrance in the two (origanal vs clone) highs seems to be higher in origanals. So I though I would pick up a set and just try it in my clones. Maybe I can't hear much diffrance in the origanals because the caps might be old and need replacing?

Santa