Like my current budget college set up?

dakayus

Nice...I would suggest not hanging out around here if you don't want the madness to continue. [;)]

And though you're gonna think I'm an oldfart for mentioning this - save your ears dude. Hearing damage sucks and you wouldn't want to be unable to enjoy music when you're older. But for the record, I'm only 22, still in college, and also sporting an awesome setup [;)] Nevertheless, it certainly is fun to blow everyone away.

rock on

Right now I'm in the dorms so many these things really blast the sound out. When I first hooked up my receiver I couldn't hear it so I turned up the volume to +5dB and then I was wondering why I could barely hear it. Then I figured out that my receiver was on the Phono input instead of CD. So I clicked CD and CRAP I'm deaf. Oh yeah also I down turn up the music unless I'm at my friends place so I can hear it. It's generally at really low levels. I have it on whenever I study.... lol which is a lot.

oh yeah on a side note. What equipment do you have Dr. Who? I noticed you have REALLY extensive knowledge about speakers and subs.

You can see my or anyone's system profile under my username bio thing on the forums:

http://forums.klipsch.com/members/DrWho.aspx

(just click the system profile tab after going to that link)

You can click on anyone's username on the left to see what they put in

their bio. And to edit your bio just click on your username at the very

top right where it says "Signed in as"

But for those like me too lazy to push buttons:

Reciever: Sherwood RD-6108

Mains: Chorus II

Center: SC-1

Side Surrounds: Heresy

Subs:

-DIY JBL2226H (9 Cubic feet tuned to 20Hz)

-Dual Marantz 940's (12" drivers tuned near 20Hz, 6 cubic feet per cabinet)

Sub amp: Crown XLS 402 (~1000 watts bridged mono)

Computer Source:

-Audio via Audigy2 ZS (via analog and digital out)

-Video via GeForce 6800 GT (S-Video)

Television: Sony Wega Trinitron 25" Flat Screen

Doc's subs ROCK, I couldn't belive those monster Marantz cabinets. That Crown in the closet for noise reduction is a good idea. I'd like to see him post a pix of 'Doc's Command Center'! It's a hoot! The entire entertainment system is based around the tv, computer, and this really horrid old chair!

Michael

Doc's subs ROCK, I couldn't belive those

monster Marantz cabinets. That Crown in the closet for noise reduction

is a good idea. I'd like to see him post a pix of 'Doc's Command

Center'! It's a hoot! The entire entertainment system is based around

the tv, computer, and this really horrid old chair!

Michael

Well the bass in the new place is crap loads better - heck, all the

acoustics are so much better. You'll need to swing by sometime even

though it won't touch your new Ultra2's. I made up my own thread with

pics for anyone interested:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/735521.aspx

I'd be kinda curious to see some pics of RF-3's crammed into a dorm

room. If your dorms are anything like the ones here then it would be

quite an amazing feat actually. If you could trust everyone on your

floor you might consider pulling your speakers out to the common room

where you can really let them sing.

Gee I'll go borrow my friends camera and take a picture pretty soon. I'm going to buy the SUB-12 in about 3 weeks or so after I get my paycheck, but by then I'm going back home. My place isn't too cramped. It's a 9x12 room. Also I would NOT put this in my common room. My other suitemates don't lock the doors usually and plus I have a set of BOSE 501 series IV with an old onkyo receiver that does the job fine. It was quite funny when I came here. My friend was suppose to bring the TV and I was suppose to bring speakers, the bose, and he brought a 13" TV. It was pretty hilarous to see that until I finally bought a 27" tv. I do appreciate the spl's, but it's all about the quality. I was going to keep the 5.1 ultra's then upgrade the sat's to rsx-4's, but when I listend to them, then just didn't have the nice rich sound the RF class had.

Oh I just had to share this story with everyone. So when my speakers finally arrived, they arrived at the farther package pick up location. It's roughly 1/4 mile away. Try hauling two RF-3's all that distance. Then on the way I dropped on and got a nice 1-.75 inch dent in the top of one speaker also the guy who shipped it didn't do a great job so all the pegs holding on the grill cracked off. But the speakers were in great condition.

Nice setup there man, and don't worry about the audio/video mismatch. For all the audio stuff I've got- I still watch Mitsubishi 36" tube monitor. The color saturation and detail are great, besides I'm only 10' from it. Everybody says I need bigger screen, I just keep buying a bigger soundstage.

M