Klipschorn 1985 Mint on ebay

DrFish96

Not trying to be argumentative, but...

I'd like to challenge the conventional wisdom that you should never ship Klipsch Heritage. I think the success that we have had with the Cornwall vault (thanks Dean for instigating the construction of this nifty item) shows that it can be done successfully and with reasonable safety. But it is a major pain in the butt to do it right.

Regarding going to pick up your Klipsch--well, I've done that too. Not as far as some folks, but 950 miles round trip for my Belles was a pretty serious haul for me. I admit that shipping has its risks and it is always better to pick up Heritage speakers in person. But driving has its risks, too. Especially if you are driving long distances alone, and pulling an all-nighter!

One thing there is no argument about is that Charles has offered some beautiful speakers on the Forum for great prices. I can't understand why they haven't sold a dozen times over. Vermont is a beautiful place to visit and not that far from a lot of densely settled East Coast metro areas--I know because I used to be an East Coaster myself. Geez, I used to drive a few hundred miles just to go to a bike race...

I don't think it's that Forum members are too cheap, or too lazy. I think it's probably that a lot of folks on here are up to their eyeballs in Klipsch, and the only way to justify additional purchases is when stuff comes up locally.

Which makes me think I should drop a line to JMON--those birch Khorns look real nice! Let's see, how many miles are you from Eugene...

Best in horns,

Triceratops

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes me think I should drop a line to JMON--those birch Khorns look real nice! Let's see, how many miles are you from Eugene...

Did I hear you say you had Belles??? What finish? If oiled walnut, maybe we can work out a trade. That is really my end goal and all I need to complete my speaker match.

Did I hear you say you had Belles??? What finish? If oiled walnut, maybe we can work out a trade. That is really my end goal and all I need to complete my speaker match.

Hi JMON,

Yes, they are oiled walnut from 1975--all stock with AA networks. Did you ever sell your rosewood Belles? Planning any trips to the Northwest?

Best,

triceratops

Hi JMON,

Yes, they are oiled walnut from 1975--all stock with AA networks. Did you ever sell your rosewood Belles? Planning any trips to the Northwest?

Best,

triceratops

I still have the Rosewoods. I actually bought them with the intention of using them as bait for oiled walnut, so I probably won't get rid of them until I have the oiled walnut. If you have interest, I have several sets that I could make a trade on the walnut Belles -- the aforementioned Khorns, rosewood Belles, La Scalas, even a single Belle that I won't need once I get the walnut Belles in place.

I don't know why sellers use the term "mint" for items other than coins. Cripes, they don't mint speakers, they build 'em!

LOL!!! [:D]

I was thinking the same thing. Oh oh..I'm thinking like Fini..Is that a good thing?? [;)]

Another one I can't stand is "Minty"

JJ