Men's Rules

jbsl

. I finally had to accept the fact that I did not have a large enough room to accomodate the LaScalas at a volume worthy of their sound.

That is absolutely not true. I lived in Japan for about 7 years and had my La Scalas for 5 of those seven years. While there I lived in places so small and congested your neighbor could burp and you could guess what he had for dinner. Trust me there is no room too small for La Scala's![:D]

Well I will say that my first apartments sported my Gollehon twin 15" and radial horn (kinda like a Yamaha or Peavy bin) as gigantic headphones to my little twin mattress in a 12x12 bedroom.

But nowadays, there is nothing, NOTHING like walking up my driveway toward those dual LSI stacks - at about 20-30 feet the sound is just magnificent as it all melds together nicely. I don't know what it is about how the waveforms travel outdoors or why it's so magical- but that is a tried and true distance for me.

You see that line of speakers in the photo? That is in my 'motor court' which must be about 40 foot circle- just inside the far stone wall to the left is where I prefer to do my tinkering, under the shade of the big oak tree- just far enough from the LSI's! Perfection!